Index Labels

Copycat Chipotle Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa

. . No comments:
I found this recipe somewhere on the internet when I was searching for recipes that would taste like Chipotle Restaurant's Tomatillo Red-Chili Salsa and this was the recipe I chose to use.  Unfortunately, I don't know where that link is, so when I find it, I will put the link here.  I did make a little bit of changes due to my ingredients on hand.

This is with adding water to the salsa, which gave it a better consistency.

Ingredients:

  • 2 medium sized tomatillos, washed & outer skin discarded
  • 3 roma tomatoes, quartered
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 cup dried ancho peppers sliced about 1/2" slices, discard stems (you can find this at the Latin store or even at the Dollar store)
  • 3/4 Tbspn Mexican oregano (it's less expensive at a Latin grocery store)
  • 1/2 Tbspn sea salt
  • 2 Tbspn chile de arbol, powdered
  • 1/2 cup warm water (optional)
  • cayenne pepper, ground (optional)
Directions:
  • Put the tomatillos, tomatoes, and garlic at the bottom of the blender.  Add the spices.  Lastly, add the dried peppers.
I keep my spices that come in bags in baggies, retaining the label to know what it is.

This is the chile de arbol and the dried ancho chilis

Tomatillos quartered with tomatoes
Spices are the last thing you add before blending, unless you
find you need to dilute it, then water would be the last thing.
  • Blend away.  
  • If it's too thick, add some warm water and reblend.  
This is without adding water.  I know, it looks like poop, eh?
  • Refrigerate.
  • If you find this isn't spicy enough, because I found that refrigeration, especially overnight, diffuses some of the heat, so you may want to add some cayenne pepper to give it a great kick.













No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate