Index Labels

Wk 1, Day 2 (Tues, 23-Jul-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • I joined Zuzka Light's workouts and started off with the beginner's series.  Though I am not a beginner, based on things from the past and often starting way too aggressively, I figured I would give myself 4-6 weeks to ramp up to harder workouts, allowing my body to adjust from not regularly doing hard workouts for about a year now.  I'm just testing the first month with Zuzka to see if I will stick with it rather than pay for 3 months and not do it.  I figure if after a month I still have the momentum, then I will pay for 3 months, which costs less than 1 month at a time.  Love her attitude and realness.
  • My husband loves my first progress video (when I was losing weight last year, beginning of the year, he loved my videos and that's what capture his attention and now we are happily married now for almost 5 months), but I won't be posting them for public viewing as he is very protective.  That's fine with me.
  • Starting my sub job work late today, so I hope to finish in time so I can make dinner and get to bed before 11 pm, as that's my commitment.
  • Got spinach, brussel sprouts, broccoli, blueberries at Costco, along with some Avocado Oil.  I've never used Avocado Oil before.  Our freezer is packed with lots of meat, so we have plenty of proteins.
  • Am a little deficient in eating greens today, but I'll get them in tomorrow.
  • My body is feeling a bit sore, so I don't know if I will be doing that workout again tomorrow or maybe I'll just bounce on the mini trampoline or do some yoga or something.  Not sure.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic.
  • Drank lots of ice cold water (I use a large 42 oz Carl Jr's cup and drank 3.5 of these a day).  Many bathroom trips.
  • Biofreeze for neck/shoulders & legs.
  • Did EFT with Brad Yates on 1.5 of his tapping audios from YT while at dr's for son.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Do my sub job.
  • Went to bank.
  • Shopping at Costco.
  • Finish filling out all the Immigration paperwork.
  • Make copies of all Immigration paperwork.
  • Get passport photos.
  • Finish filling out HOA paperwork, take pictures and fax into the office.
  • Pay for son's textbooks on 7/31 (1-4 pm).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet..

SLEEP:
  • 11:00 pm to 8:00 am - (9 hrs) - I was so wiped out from yesterday.  Slept very well.

FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (9:00 am) - 2 1/2 scrambled eggs with shredded mozzarella (sprayed pan with coconut oil).  I meant to put some Tomatillo Red Chili Salsa but forgot.


Post Workout (1:45 pm) - Protein smoothie - 2 handfuls of blueberries, a large handful of fresh pineapple, 1 scoop ground flaxseed, 2 scoops of whey protein, a bunch of ice, 2 cups milk (yes, cow's milk), a bunch of ground cinnamon


Late Lunch (5:00 pm) - a little Mapo Tofu (the little bit left) with Tomatillo Red Chili Salsa, 1 scrambled egg with shredded cheese (leftover from breakfast).  The amount of this food is not a lot.  That is a small bowl to begin with.  I was hoping that I would not need to eat, but I didn't think I could make another 2 hrs before dinner.  Now, at least 2 things of leftovers are gone.



Dinner (7:15 pm) - 7 Baked Chicken Tacquitos with sour cream and Tomatillo Red Chili Salsa.



EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 12:53 pm

I did the beginner workout Zuzka Light has for beginners in her ZGym.  I don't think it would be right for me to post the video, but I will share what I did.

Zuzka Beginner #1
  • 12 squats
  • 10 pushups
  • 10 stationary lunges
  • 12 bent over rows x 5# DBs each arm
Do as many rounds of this circuit in 15 min.

Rounds Completed:  6.5 rounds (44 reps x 6.5 rounds = 286 reps total)

Warmup:  Time = 2:23, Max HR = 99 bpm, Avg HR = 92 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 2:09, Max HR = 114 bpm, Avg HR = 107 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 2:25, Max HR = 125 bpm, Avg HR = 120 bpm
Round 3:  Time = 2:23, Max HR = 134 bpm, Avg HR = 129 bpm
Round 4:  Time = 2:03, Max HR = 143 bpm, Avg HR = 137 bpm
Round 5:  Time = 2:34, Max HR = 145 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm
Round 6:  Time = 2:40, Max HR = 149 bpm, Avg HR = 144 bpm
Round 7:  Time = 0:52, Max HR = 158 bpm, Avg HR = 152 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 8:03, Max HR = 157 bpm, Avg HR = 119 bpm

Zone 1 = 5:08, Zone 2 = 2:40, Zone 3 = 4:34, Zone 4 = 2:52, Zone 5 = 0:16

Total Time = 25:36
Max HR = 158 bpm
Avg HR = 124 bpm
Total Calories = 307

Notes:  This was a good workout and the stationary lunges, ugggh.  But, these are all exercises I have loved in the past and I will love them again very soon.  I had 2 fans going and my husband said it's not good to have the fan blowing on you when you workout, so I got super, super hot when he turned them off.  Arrghhh.

The protein smoothie afterwards tasted so good.  Love it.  I was imagining as I worked out that the fat was melting off my body.  

The next time I do this workout which will either be tomorrow or Thursday, I will push myself to do more reps.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate