Index Labels

Wk 1, Day 3 (Wed, 24-Jul-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • I did not complete my sub jobs for yesterday and have to finish this morning and then get today's work.  There are no plans to go anywhere today, so that should give me the time I need to get my work done, get some type of exercise done, and to make some meals.
  • Am so incredibly sore today, especially my glutes, inner thighs, IT band, quads and hams.  My neck/upper back and shoulder arm remain sore due to my issues I had before these healthier habits restart.
  • I am so proud of my 13 yr old daughter and soon to be 10 yr old son joining me on this exercise stuff I am doing with Zuzka Light.  Today they did their first workout.  We also took the baseline of my daughter's progress pictures.  She has a tummy and we'd like to get rid of that, so it would be good for her to be about 20 lbs down or so.  I'm 29.2 lbs from my goal.
  • I am down 1.2 lbs from yesterday's weigh.  Yay!  I drank a lot of water yesterday, had very little starchy carbs.
  • My mom took the kids out for the afternoon and to lunch, so it was just my husband and I.  Not much in terms of leftovers, and my husband suggested McDonald's.  I declined and said I'd rather not.  There were 2 pieces of fried chicken left and tacquitos we had from last night.  He ate tacquitos and I made a salad with the fried chicken.  Though the chicken wasn't healthy, it's probably better than what we would've gotten at McDonald's and we saved a few bucks.
  • I keep handy olive oil, red wine vinegar, and balsamic vinegar for those times I want to make a homemade dressing.  Always have garlic, lemons, limes, nuts on hand, too.  Add your favorite greens to it.  Easy to make and more nutritious.
  • Made brussel sprouts and everyone loved the dish, got seconds.  It warms my heart to know that we now all love brussel sprouts, which I used to hate with a passion.  Everything tastes better with bacon, which, by the way, is very expensive.  I should've stocked up when Fresh & Easy had it 2 for $6.  They have much better bacon than Costco and less fatty.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic.
  • Drank lots of ice cold water (I use a large 42 oz Carl Jr's cup and drank 3 of these a day).  Still many bathroom trips.
  • Heating pad on my legs and back for soreness.
  • Added MSM to my supplements to aid in muscle recovery.
  • Created an Excel spreadsheet template to track my daily weight.
  • Biofreeze for neck/shoulders & legs.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Finish sub job from Tuesday.
  • Do my sub job for Wednesday.  Only got 4 out of the 5 jobs done and returned.
  • Left feedback for the seller I purchased some of my daughter's books from.  We are waiting for one more book and then we have all of them.
  • Filled out paperwork for son's school.  Will turn in when I go buy his textbooks next week.
  • Paid for daughter's yearbook.  Got $10 off for early payment.  It was $45.
  • Paid for daughter's 8th grade family contribution enrichment fee of $45.
  • Called regarding the book deposit for my daughter's books.  Received a callback.  Need more info and the right person to call me back.
  • Called son's schools as I have a few questions regarding his textbooks.  Waiting for a call back.
  • Husband received his fan from Corsair.  Their RMA process was QUICK for us.
  • Finish filling out all the Immigration paperwork.
  • Make copies of all Immigration paperwork.
  • Get passport photos.
  • Mail my kids' NY grandma a photo album of the kids.
  • Finish filling out HOA paperwork, take pictures and fax into the office.
  • Pay for son's textbooks on 7/31 (1-4 pm).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet..

SLEEP:
  • 11:15 pm to 8:00 am - (7.75 hrs) - I went to bed just before 11 pm, but wasn't until actually falling asleep until about 11:15 pm because I needed my husband to help me massage my upper right back/shoulder area.  Also, had some time with my husband in the very early morning, but was able to get back to sleep afterward.

FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (9:30 am) - 2 1/2 scrambled eggs with shredded cheese (sprayed pan with coconut oil) and Tomatillo red chili salsa.  My daughter made the eggs.  Those are my meds & supplements.


Lunch (1:00 pm) - Salad - romaine lettuce, the meat off of a thigh and leg (it was leftover fried chicken from the weekend and it did have the skin on it), 2 small sweet peppers (orange and yellow), a little bit of red onion, 1/2 small avocado and a homemade cilantro dressing (olive oil, cilantro, garlic cloves, juice from half a lemon, 1/8 cup grated Parmesan all blended together).  As a side note - all the plates I use are either salad plates or dessert plates, which are a lot smaller than dinner plates.  This salad is on a salad plate.



Dinner (6:15 pm) - Sauted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Sausage, sea salt, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.  Though I have eaten more food today, I was hungry and ate 2 bowls of this.  This is not how much I ate, rather a picture of the skillet of the dish.  I did overeat and I'm going to guess my weight may be up tomorrow.




EXERCISE:
I did not do any formal exercise as I was so incredibly sore, but I did make sure to get up, walk around often when working at my desk.  And we did a little shopping at Hobby Lobby and got to walk around some there, too.  So very sore, but it is all good.  Let's see if tomorrow I am less sore and can actually repeat the workout.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate