Index Labels

Romano Cilantro Chicken Tenders

. . No comments:
I made this recipe up with ingredients I had at home.  My kids love eating chicken nuggets, but the ingredients that are in these store bought things are not healthy or if you go to McDonald's, they deep fry the stuff, even worse.

Here's how to make a healthier version where you do not need a dipping sauce because they are so flavorful and moist.

Ingredients:
- Grated Romano Cheese
- Cilantro, loosely chopped
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Eggs, scramble
- Raw, natural, organic chicken tender strips
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Ground Pepper 

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a flat plate.  On a separate have your raw chicken tenders.  In a large bowl, scramble the eggs, add salt & pepper.  Dip the chicken tender strips into the egg mixture than into the plate of other mixture until well-coated. 

Place coated chicken strips in an already greased baking pan.  Once the pan is filled with the chicken strips, spray the tops of the strips with olive oil.  Broil for about 15 min.  Turn strips, spray lightly with olive oil again, and bake again for another 7.5 min. on broil.

The cilantro gives the chicken strips wonderful flavor.  My kids said these were the best chicken tenders they've ever had.  And, we all had fun in making them.  They were a bit crispy on the outside and moist & tender on the inside.  We broiled these in a toaster oven & made 2 trays of these.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate