Index Labels

Flavilicious Full Body Workouts

. . No comments:
I finally sat down the other day to fully go through Flavia's workout program.  Though I watched a lot of her videos, I just wasn't getting it.  But, this time, I took out the pdf files of the workouts as well as the videos and went along with her and now I understand her workouts.  I don't even know why I didn't understand in the first place, but they are a bit more complicated than Scott Colby's workouts.

Scott lays out the workouts in a very easy format, especially for Ageless Abs.  He gave us the workouts and for each exercise, you click on that exercise if you want to know how it's done.  The workouts were spelled out in an easy format rather than taking pages or having to go through a whole video and guessing where that exercise may be.

However, everyone is different and it's good to shake things up a bit.

Flavia has a number of exercises that are very different from Scott's exercises, so that changes things up.  But, one of the things of Flavia's workouts is you are doing the same workouts for at least 6 weeks in a row.  As you become more proficient at the exercises, you can add more weight or more reps or do a more advanced version of the exercise or a combination of the prior.

I was supposed to start these workouts on Monday, but that didn't happen.  Then, it was supposed to be Tuesday.  Now it is Thursday.  So, I'm going to go for it today.

Here's how her workouts go, you workout for 5 days a week.  I'm not sure how long the workouts are, but there are a lot of things.  On 4 of the days, there are 4 giant sets of 3 exercises.  You go through the giant set and that is one round.  You are ultimately supposed to do 3 rounds of that sequence. 

She says that you are to stick to the order of the exercises that she has laid out, except you can do the abs stuff at the beginning of the workout, if you'd like.  So, I wonder what happens week after week by keeping this same order, though you change the reps, weights, etc.

She says it's supposed to take about 45-60 min.  We'll see how long it takes me.

When I got this program at the end of April, she didn't have as much stuff as she has now.  But, all those things are updates and are included.  She has some typos, which I noticed.  The travel videos aren't as nice as the other videos due to the sound, but you can hear her and understand.

With the latest updates, she gave a diet you can follow.  I'll spell those out as I go along, but basically at every time you eat, you are to eat 2 servings of non-starchy vegetables or fruit.  I think that's a good idea.  The eating is quite simple and you don't count calories, sugars or anything.  But, from what I learned from Scott, for me, I still need to keep sugars lower in order to have good energy levels consistently throughout the day and to lose bodyfat.

She says to also drink water before and after your meal, but not during.  That, probably more than anything, is a challenging habit to break as I've done it my whole life.  Of course, in some other things I've read, you should not drink water before your meal.  All this has to deal with your digestion.  So, I really don't know.  I love to drink water after every bite of food.  My siblings do this, also.

It's been 3 months since I got her program and I've not done one workout.  Unless I apply what I got, it does no good and really is just another useless video with documents.  However, if I consistently apply for a long enough period of time, then can I gain the benefits of releasing badly needed bodyfat.

So, let's see if I can stop talking about it and get my booty moving.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate