Index Labels

Workout - Mon, 5-Dec-2011 (Bootcamps on Demand, Femme Fatale)

. . No comments:
Woke up feeling good with enough rest and ready to workout.  Wish this was the case every single day.  No excuses and I just wanted to do the right thing for my body.  Unlike most of my workouts in the past 3 months, this one I did at home as I did not want to lug any of this stuff to the park for my workout.  This was not one of my favorite workout and compared to Friday's, I didn't like this workout.  Glad it's done.

This is Scott Colby's workout for today for Bootcamps on Demand.  It is a paid subscriber thing of $4.95/month, which is a steal.  You can cancel anytime and Scott is super customer service oriented.  He's awesome and I have a high respect for him.  He's my favorite fitness person, very genuine, and down-to-earth. 

Femme Fatale Workout

Equipment UsedPolar RS200SD Heartrate Monitor, GymBoss Timer (only for cooldown/stretching), Low Step Riser, a pair of 10 lb DBs, Ultimate Press Bar, 55 cm Stability Ball, yoga mat

Warmup x 2 Rounds
- Pushups x 8 reps
- Squats x 12 reps
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20 reps (this always spikes up my heartrate)

Set 1
  • DB Squat Press x 10 lb DBs x 20 reps
  • Feet Elevated on Stability Ball BodyWeight Rows on Ultimate Press Bar x BW x 20 reps
Set 2
  • DB Squat Press x 10 lb DBs x 15 reps
  • Feet Elevated on Stability Ball BodyWeight Rows on Ultimate Press Bar x BW x 15 reps
Set 3
  • DB Squat Press x 10 lb DBs x 10 reps
  • Feet Elevated on Stability Ball BodyWeight Rows on Ultimate Press Bar x BW x 10 reps
Set 4
  • Step Jumps on Low Riser x BW x 10 reps
  • Extreme Squat Thrusts (Squat Thrust-Pushup-Jumping Lunges) x BW x 10 reps
Set 5
  • Step Jumps on Low Riser x BW x 15 reps
  • Extreme Squat Thrusts (Squat Thrust-Pushup-Jumping Lunges) x BW x 15 reps
Set 6
  • Step Jumps on Low Riser x BW x 20 reps
  • Extreme Squat Thrusts (Squat Thrust-Pushup-Jumping Lunges) x BW x 20 reps
Cooldown/Stretch Cycle - Since I was at home and had my mat, I did extra stretching using 20 sec holds (GymBoss Timer) and did 40 holds from head to toe.  Feels good.

Heartrates & Times:
Warmup: 3:42; Max HR = 188 bpm, Avg HR = 119 bpm
Set 1:  3:40; Max HR = 115 bpm, Avg HR = 109 bpm
Set 2:  2:30; Max HR = 116 bpm, Avg HR = 107 bpm
Set 3:   1:47; Max HR = 113 bpm, Avg HR = 110 bpm
Set 4:   2:59; Max HR = 129 bpm, Avg HR = 122 bpm
Set 5:   4:35; Max HR = 133 bpm, Avg HR = 129 bpm
Set 6:   5:47; Max HR = 139 bpm, Avg HR = 135 bpm
Cooldown/Stretch:  12:47; Max HR = 137 bpm, Avg HR = 113 bpm

Total Time:  37:51
Calories Burned:  402
Max Heartrate:  188 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  118 bpm
Zone 1 = 7:34,  Zone 2 = 5:40, Zone 3 = 1:02

Notes: I don't mind squat thrusts (aka burpees), but when you add jumping lunges, this screams killer to me.  It made this exercise and workout torturous.  I'm used to doing BW rows on my JungleGym standing on a Bosu Ball, but doing them on the Ultimate Bar Press with my feet on the Stability Ball was REALLY hard.  I was not able to press very much up.  HARD!  Did I say, HARD?

I liked the DB Squat Presses and the Step Jumps.  I'm not a great jumper and since I didn't have a wide step, I didn't want to make this too high and end up missing and twisting my ankle or something.  Looking to find an inexpensive health club aerobic step.  Maybe if there is a gym closing down and getting rid of one, I can snag one for a small pocket of change?

This is the first workout I've done at home in awhile, but glad it's done.  My upper body really needs a lot of work.

Another note is that I cannot consume my normal post workout smoothie, as that sends me coughing big time.  It creates too much phlegm.  I just drank some lowfat chocolate milk and seem okay, which yesterday when I drank hot chocolate, that sent me coughing up a storm.  If I can't drink my post workout smoothies for awhile but chocolate milk will be okay, then I'll do that.  Will have to drink 2-3 cups to get enough protein, so not sure I can drink that much or not, but will try.  I don't like milk nor chocolate too much, but at least it doesn't send me vomitting as it used to.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate