Index Labels

Workout - Tues, 6-Dec-2011 (HIIT Cardio, Jump Ropeless Intervals)

. . No comments:
My 8-yr old son is home today sick with we think strep throat.  As much as I hate antibiotics, he was super miserable the last 2 days, so I took him to the doctor after school yesterday and we got some antibiotics for him.  He seems significantly better today.  But, this prevented me from going to the park to do my workout.  It's just as well as the time (right after dropping my kids off at school), it was about 32° F.  That's just a tad bit too cold for this Arizona chick.

The whole school day had elasped without me doing my workout at home.  I had to think of something else that didn't involve in the park.  My son took out the mini-trampoline to bounce on and play his cars.  Guess he's feeling much better.  This gave me the idea for today's workout.

Almost didn't make the workout as I had mismanaged my time.

I decided to do ropeless jump rope intervals on the mini-trampoline.  I don't have enough space to use a jump rope without going outdoors, which I really didn't want to do.  The trampoline would be less stressful on my joints, and give me one less excuse to not get my short workout done today.  Unlike yesterday, today I've been coughing up a storm.  Very aggravating!

Equipment Used:  Polar Heartrate Monitor, GymBoss Timer, Foam Roller, Yoga Mat, Softball Sized Hardball, Mini-Trampoline

Warmup (2 Rounds)
  • Pushups x 8 reps
  • Squats x 12 reps
  • Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
  • Jumping Jacks x 20 reps

Jump Ropeless Intervals (20 sec jumping, 10 sec rest) x 6 Rounds
  • Feet Together - Reps = 25, 38, 39, 40, 44, 40
  • Jumping Jack - Reps = 14, 33, 38, 39, 38, 39
  • Alternating High Knee - Reps = 48, 50, 54, 54, 55, 58
  • Alternating Low Step - Reps = 43, 50, 48, 50, 50, 48
Cooldown/Stretch (also used the foam roller on my quads & IT band, and a softball sized ball on the psoas)

Heartrates & Times
  • Warmup: 3:59;  Max HR = 126 bpm, Avg HR = 112 bpm
  • Round 1:  2:00; Max HR = 131 bpm, Avg HR = 123 bpm
  • Round 2:  2:00; Max HR = 135 bpm, Avg HR = 133 bpm
  • Round 3:  2:00; Max HR = 139 bpm, Avg HR = 137 bpm
  • Round 4:  2:00; Max HR = 141 bpm, Avg HR = 139 bpm
  • Round 5:  2:00; Max HR = 142 bpm, Avg HR = 139 bpm
  • Round 6:  2:00; Max HR = 145 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm
  • Cooldown/Stretch:  Max HR = 137 bpm, Avg HR = 120 bpm
Total Time:  27:43
Calories Burned:  338
Max Heartrate:  145 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  126 bpm
Zone 1 = 7:28, Zone 2 = 5:28, Zone 3 = 4:22


Notes:  This was a very short workout.  The cooldown/stretching routine was almost as long as the workout.  My heartrates looked great.  It felt like I was working out but not that hard.  Since I did this workout in the late afternoon, my heartrates are a little higher than if I did them in the morning.  Really liked this workout.  Next time I can go longer and do different jump patterns.  Oh, I did mimic the hand actions as I would when really jump roping.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate