Index Labels

Wk 13, Day 4 - Thursday, 29-May-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:

Keep Breathing - Kerrie Roberts

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for the kids going with my mom to spend some time with her.
  • Thank you God for good workouts this week.
  • Thank you God our pest control guy came today instead of tomorrow morning.
  • Thank you God for community.
  • Thank you God for being able to run errands without the kids.
THOUGHTS:
  • I have worked late for the past 5 nights.  Arrggh.  I'm still not caught up, but I do have 88% of my work completed and turned in.  I will finish the last 12% tomorrow morning.
  • Really trying to adjust to a new schedule of not taking the kids to school, which I love.  We are driving less and I love that because it means we don't have to use and pay for as much gas and wear and tear on the car.  
  • Love the kids, but sometimes they just bicker to much.  It's been peaceful with my husband and fairly quiet.  It's nice to have some peace and quiet for a bit, though.  They will be back home tomorrow morning.  And I hope they are having a good time with their grandmother and that my mom is enjoying the kids.
  • My husband and I got to have a little date tonight, which is just dinner at Ono's and running errands.  
  • We were going to make our chow mein tonight but the kids aren't home and we will do tomorrow.  Karate doesn't start until next Friday, so we get to enjoy this Friday at home.
  • Today's eating was a bit better.  I did not feel the inclination to snack, which is awesome.
  • Really love our bug guy.  I called to see when he was coming over tomorrow and he said he could come over this afternoon and he did, which allows my husband to not have to get up early.  
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
  • Water - not a lot
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
  • Hibiscus & green tea iced tea with stevia throughout the day
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Iron son's clothes
  • Sign up for weekend work.
  • Laundry:  clothes (2 loads), towels (1 load), rugs (1 load)
  • Pick up grapes at A.
  • Pick up turmeric, garlic powder, whey protein, ground flaxseed, croutons
  • Pick up snacks
  • Pick up ice.
  • Pick up DVDs at Perry.
  • Renew books at Perry.
  • Register kids for karate (next week)
  • Send email to PTO President next week regarding son's red polos.
  • Get red polos from PTO President.
  • Mop the house - daughter
  • Sweep the house - son
  • Sharpen knives
  • Buy hooks to hang bags for closet
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 12:30 am - 7:30 am (7 hrs) - been working late the past three nights and staying up way too late.  Not liking this.  Need to get back to bed earlier.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Post Workout Protein Smoothie (10:00 am) -  pineapple, 2 small bananas, whey protein, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, water, ice

Breakfast (10:45 am) - chicken patty

Lunch (1:30 pm) - turkey & roasted red pepper sandwich (with mayo, garlic & parsley salt, pepper jack cheese)

Dinner (6:15 pm) - some katsu chicken, white rice (1 scoop), 1/2 scoop Hawaiian macaroni salad, teriyaki chicken, bbq beef, a little Orange Fanta ----> This was 1/2 an order at Ono's and I felt really full on this, which normally I'm just right.  Maybe my stomach is shrinking?


Zuzka's 4-Week 6-Pack Summer Abs Challenge (modified):
Wk 1:  3 Summer Abs Workouts, 1 Lifted Butt Completed

Wk 2:
  • Monday - Summer Abs #4 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Summer Abs #5 - DONE!
  • Wednesday - Summertime Sweat Workout #1 - DONE!
  • Thursday - Summer Abs #2 - DONE!
  • Friday - Lifted Butt #7 - 
  • Saturday - Summer Abs #6 - 
  • Sunday - Rest Day - 
EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 9:11 am

Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
  • March in Place
  • Squat + Alternating High Knee Pull
  • Walk Down Planks
  • Wide Flutter Kicks (on Back)
  • Crunch Jack
  • Push-up + Child's Pose
  • Windmill Turns
  • Downward Dog to Back Bow
  • Arm Cross Swing
  • Front Jack


Zuzka ZAbs #2 (video clips of exercises below)

12 Min. AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)
  • 5 Sets:  Walkout to Plank - 10 Alternating Cross Toe Touches to Jump Tuck
  • 20 Lying Side Crunches (each side) ---> My Alternate Exercise, 40 Alternating Standing Side Crunches
  • 20 Alternating Santana Planks
Cooldown - yoga mat, dual baseballs in sock for ankle areas, foam roller

Warmup:  Time = 5:55, Max HR = 116 bpm, Avg HR = 100 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 5:20, Max HR = 139 bpm, Avg HR = 129 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 5:16, Max HR = 141 bpm, Avg HR = 135 bpm
Round 3:  Time = 1:49, Max HR = 148 bpm, Avg HR = 144 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 12:38, Max HR = 145 bpm, Avg HR = 108 bpm

Zone 1 = 7:06, Zone 2 = 3:26, Zone 3 = 2:12, Zone 4 = 0:02, Zone 5 = 0:00


Rounds Completed = 2.26 (made it through 4 sets of the first exercise - 1 more set than last time)

Total Time = 31:00
Max HR = 148 bpm
Avg HR = 117 bpm
Total Calories = 307

Notes:  The outsides of my calves were hurting a little (not bad) during the workout starting from the second round, the bottoms near my ankles, so I paid more attention to this area during cooldown, using the foam roller and stretches so as to not get trigger points here.  Later, I may take the baseball and work on this area some more.

I pushed harder and was able to get one more set of the first exercise than last time and I think last time I really did 14 minutes not 12.  Today I was slightly more than 12 minutes.  As you can see from my heart rates, I worked harder and was able to get my heart rates up significantly more than the first time doing this workout.  For rounds 1 & 2, I shaved off slightly more than a minute for each round!!!  Woohoo!

Walkout to Plank to 20 Alternating Cross Toe Touches to Jump Tuck

Lying Side Crunches

Standing Side Crunches (My Alternate Exercise)
Alternating Santana Planks

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive