Index Labels

Wk 11, Day 2 - Tuesday, 13-May-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:

While I'm Waiting - John Waller

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God today is over.
  • Thank you God for my interview.
  • Thank you God for getting me through today on hardly any sleep.
  • Thank you God I got my workout done.
  • Thank you God Your Victory was won for all of us over eternal death.
THOUGHTS:
  • I was really challenged throughout the day with so little sleep and disjointed sleep at that.  Continuous good and enough sleep is important.  I know I need enough sleep every night because of the stresses I encounter every day, whether it is through my work, workouts, husband, kids, other people, cars, other stuff.  Sleep is when my body is able to recover and being woken up with a startling thing and not being able to sleep for hours did really impact my day.
  • Very grateful for my husband's encouragement.  He is typically not one for encouraging verbally in the manner he did yesterday.  He saw I was out of sorts and really encouraged me as we drove to my interview, ironed my dress and helped me.
  • Really glad my husband is feeling more comfortable with doing some things or is willing to do some things sort of on his own, like getting dinner for us so I could try to catch up on work.
  • My body is feeling a little sore from yesterday's workout.
  • Eating pretty much stunk the past 2 days, especially today.  I really prefer our/my cooking instead to eating out, but eating out is convenient when you don't have time to cook or haven't prepared or organized.  
  • Time to tighten down some of the amounts I have been eating.  I think my body has been adjusting to the workouts and I can begin to start tapering back.  I already started doing that by making smaller portions with my smoothies.  I don't want to gain weight while doing these challenging workouts, though, today my only challenge was to have the energy to get through the workouts.
  • We had so much mail in our mailbox as we haven't picked up mail in about a month.  I'm guessing the postmaster doesn't like that.
    ACTIONS:
    • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
    • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
    • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
    • Water
    • Did EFT for:  stress, self worth, anxiety
    LIFE TO DOs:
    • Pick up mail - me
    • Replace Boostaroo
    • Update driver's license for my husband
    • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
    • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
    • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
    • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
    • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
    • Continue with job search.
    • File paperwork in crate.
    • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
    SLEEP:
    • 9:45 pm - 2:30 am, 4:45 am - 6:15 am (6.25 hrs) - I feel like crap.  See notes in exercise section. 
    FOOD JOURNAL:
    Post Workout Smoothie (7:15 am) - blueberries, water, ice, whey protein, stevia, cinnamon, ground flaxseed

    Breakfast (8:30 am) - beef taco

    Lunch (1:00 pm) - bacon cheddar hot & spicy mcchicken, 1/2 of medium fries, iced tea (unsweetened)

    Dinner (6:15 pm) - 2 chicken strips, potato wedges, pea salad 

    Zuzka's 30 Day Butt Challenge:
    Wk 1:  all 5 workouts done
    Wk 2:  all 5 workouts done
    Wk 3:  all 5 workouts done

    Wk 4:
    • Monday - Lifted Butt Workout #10 - DONE!
    • Tuesday - Lifted Butt Workout #11 - DONE!
    • Wednesday - Rest Day - 
    • Thursday - Lifted Butt Workout #2 - 
    • Friday - Lifted Butt Workout #5 - 
    • Saturday - Lifted Butt Workout #12 - 
    • Sunday - Rest Day - 
    EXERCISE 
    Workout Time = 6:35 am

    Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
    • Boxer Shuffle
    • Overhead Reach + Stretch
    • High Knee March
    • Torso Twist
    • Alternating Standing Toe Touch Kick Forward
    • Full Torso Circles
    • Alternating Lateral Step Toe Touch
    • Squats
    • Jumping Jacks
    • Fast High Knees 


    Zuzka ZButt Challenge #11 (video clips of exercises below)

    2 Rounds for TIME!
    - 10 Stationary Same Side Lunges
    - 10 Curtsy Lunge to Side Lunge
    - 10 Side Jump Lunge
    *REPEAT ON OTHER LEG"
    - 15 Bent Forward Squat
    - 15 Bent Forward Squat & Calf Raise
    - 15 Jump Squats

    Cooldown - yoga mat, yoga strap

    Warmup:  Time = 5:31, Max HR = 109 bpm, Avg HR = 93 bpm
    Round 1:  Time = 6:04, Max HR = 120 bpm, Avg HR = 110 bpm
    Round 2:  Time = 4:47, Max HR = 129 bpm, Avg HR = 121 bpm
    Cooldown:  Time = 6:45, Max HR = 121 bpm, Avg HR = 95 bpm

    Zone 1 = 3:11, Zone 2 = 0:00, Zone 3 = 0:00, Zone 4 = 0:00, Zone 5 = 0:00

    Total Time = 23:28
    Max HR = 129 bpm
    Avg HR = 104 bpm
    Total Calories = 173

    Notes:  This workout should have been wonderful, but it wasn't.  I woke up feeling very sleep deprived with nausea because ta 2:30 am my husband was coming to bed.  As he got into bed, I heard a door slam, which jolted me out of bed.  I knew that everyone was in bed and why did the garage door slam?  Anyway, I woke with my husband and we checked the whole house.  The front security door was unlocked.  The front door was opened, the garage door was unlocked and the back sliding door was unlocked.  We locked everything and believed that my dad forgot to lock stuff.  My husband usually checks, but didn't that night.  He will make an effort to do this.

    Anyway, after that, I couldn't fall asleep for at least 2 hrs and though I went to bed at a good hour, being woken like this is very jarring.  When I am very sleep deprived, this causes nausea with me and I worked out feeling pukey.  I didn't push or go anywhere as hard as when I'm like normal, but at least I got this workout done, as I was close to finishing this challenge and didn't want to mess up here.


    Stationary Side Lunges
    Curtsy Lunge to Side Lunge
    Side Jump Lunge 

    Bent Forward Squat
    Bent Forward Squat & Calf Raise 

    Jump Squats

    No comments:

    Printfriendly

    Welcome

    Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

    Make yourself at home!!!

    Translate

    Blog Archive