Index Labels

Wk 10, Day 4 - Thursday, 8-May-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:


Strong God - Meredith Andrews

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God I got my workout done with much better form than the first time I did this workout.
  • Thank you God the kids have a three day weekend.
  • Thank you God for the delicious, healthy foods.
  • Thank you God for my husband getting an in person interview.  He passed the phone interview.
  • Thank you God this tank of gas for the Explorer lasted 24 days!!!  
THOUGHTS:
  • Grateful my dad lets us use his cars, which his cars get much better gas mileage, so we don't have to get gas as often or spend as much on gas.  We are doing oil changes for his cars, keeping it cleaned, getting them washed regularly.
  • It's nice to get all my subcon work done and still have some time left for the evening.
  • My husband from his phone interview today with a company based in Ohio, but has an office here in Mesa now has an in person interview next week.  Yay!
  • Very glad the kids don't have to go to school tomorrow.  Feeling burned out from all the school stuff.  It does feel nice to sleep in until 6:00 am each morning now.  The past month plus getting up earlier has been challenging, but has made me better to usually go to sleep earlier, so that is a plus.
  • My body isn't feeling sore from the workout as it did last time, so this is good.  But my upper back and neck areas are feeling a little stiff.  So, I had the TENS on my upper back for about 30 min and I had to put it pretty high.  Then I put the electrodes on my neck carefully at a lower intensity.  
  • Glad I can intercede in prayer for other people.
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
  • Water
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
  • Hibiscus & green tea with honey, turmeric, ginger - did not do
  • TENS unit - upper back, neck
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Laundry:  clothes (1 load), uniforms (1 load)
  • Order multi-vitamins, probiotic from LH - me
  • Sign up for weekend work.
  • Get Thursday's subcon work done.
  • Clean showers - daughter
  • Pick up mail - me
  • Pick up DVD from Chandler Library - husband
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 9:30 pm - 5:45 am (8.25 hrs) - feeling okay
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast (7:30 am) - post workout protein smoothie - 2 scoops whey protein, 1/2 scoop ground flaxseed, stevia, cinnamon, blueberries, banana, cacao powder, natural peanut butter, swiss chard, ice, water

Lunch (12:45 pm) - 5 mini veggie egg rolls, 3 small tacos (all baked)

Dinner (6:30 pm) - a macaroni corned beef & cabbage with alfredo dish, and a few sips of chocolate chip frappe

Zuzka's 30 Day Butt Challenge:
Wk 1:  all 5 workouts done
Wk 2:  all 5 workouts done

Wk 3:
  • Monday - Lifted Butt Workout #7 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Lifted Butt Workout #8 - DONE!
  • Wednesday - Rest Day - DONE!
  • Thursday - Lifted Butt Workout #1 - DONE!
  • Friday - Lifted Butt Workout #3 - 
  • Saturday - Lifted Butt Workout #9 - 
  • Sunday - Rest Day - 
EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 6:17 am

Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
  • March in Place
  • Squat + Alternating High Knee Pull
  • Walk Down Planks
  • Wide Flutter Kicks (on Back)
  • Crunch Jack
  • Push-up + Child's Pose
  • Windmill Turns
  • Downward Dog to Back Bow
  • Arm Cross Swing
  • Front Jack


2 Rounds (For Time) - using 20 lb Kettlebell for each exercise (see videos below for exercises)
  • 5 Goblet Squats to Backward Squat/Forward Squat Jumps x 4 Sets
  • 20 KB Swings
  • 10 - 1-legged Dead Lifts (each side)
  • 20 KB Swings
  • 20 Pass Under Curtsy Lunges
  • 20 KB Swings
Cooldown - yoga mat, softball, foam roller

Warmup:  Time = 5:43, Max HR = 122 bpm, Avg HR = 103 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 8:06 Max HR = 154 bpm, Avg HR = 141 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 8:42 Max HR = 162 bpm, Avg HR = 155 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 15:28, Max HR = 160 bpm, Avg HR = 124 bpm

Zone 1 = 7:34, Zone 2 = 2:06, Zone 3 = 3:38, Zone 4 = 6:28, Zone 5 = 6:36

Total Time = 38:00
Max HR = 162 bpm
Avg HR = 132 bpm
Total Calories = 467

Notes:  Last time I did this, which was Week 1, I used a 15 lb kettlebell.  Today since I have a 20-lb kettlebell, I am using that for all the exercises.  I was so wiped out the first time doing this and sore for a few days.

Very interesting compared to the last time I did this which was 2.5 weeks ago.  The heart rate pattern is similar, but times are different.  My heart rates were almost 10 bpm less during each round, meaning my body is adapting quickly.  And though I used a heavier kettlebell and feel like I was more focused and pushed harder, my heart didn't feel as stressed.  Very excited to see this progress with my heart.

Goblet Squats to Backward Squat/Forward Squat Jumps x 4 Sets

KB Swings


1-Leg Kettlebell Dead Lifts

Pass Under Curtsy Lunges

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive