Index Labels

Wk 12, Day 1 - Mon, 19-May-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:
Heart Like You - Love & The Outcome

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God for my husband's interview this morning.
  • Thank you God for Your Steadfastness.
  • Thank you God that You are ever patient and that You are helping me with this.
  • Thank you God I got all my work finished today.
  • Thank you God my husband is stepping up to doing more where I need his help.
THOUGHTS:
  • Today while at Albertson's picking up some items, there was 1 register opened and like maybe 7-8 people in front of me.  They didn't open another register.  A woman came up without a basket carrying 2 gallons of milk and a bunch of other things.  The guy in front of me let her put her stuff in his basket and I let her go ahead of me.  No big deal.  This lady was so appreciative that she told the cashier about all the kind, patient people this morning.  In return, the cashier was only supposed to give me 3 Monopoly pieces and she ended up giving my 18.  Praise God!  My son loves playing Albertson's Monopoly.  We are one piece away from winning anything and everything.  LOL.
  • If you want something to help get rid of grease stains from clothes, try Dawn FOAMING dishwashing soap.  I saw this on Pinterest and finally after two months, remembered to get some while at Albertson's.  WinCo and the dollar stores do not carry this.  Anyway, had a few shirts (husband and son) that had grease stains, put some of the foam soap on the spots, let it sit for a few minutes, then threw in the washer.  Voila, after it was all washed, the spots were gone.  Praise God!
  • I really love when my husband helps me cook, because a lot of our cooking requires a lot of chopping and though we have our handy kitchen tools like the Kitchen Plus 2000 or the Progressive International Tower dicer/slicer/wedger, we use a lot of veggies in our cooking and then to prepare the meat.  I'm glad he took the time today to help me, as I told him I had been working all day long and doing stuff we needed to get done on little sleep and he's actually had more break time than me.  With that, he did help and even happily picked fresh cilantro to put in our spicy hot dish.
  • Our son finished his Atom project with just making a platform for his project.  Yay!  It looks nice.  
  • Our daughter has 6 finals Tues-Thurs.  She will miss our son's 5th grade graduation, I think.  :(  Our son is done with all his tests.  I guess 5th grade is easier than 8th.
  • The jacket of a camo jacket my husband got at Goodwill was stuck.  It took brute force, petroleum jelly, a paperclip, needle nose pliers and graphite from a couple pencils.  Before he took over, I had used olive oil, some bar soap, hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, to no avail.  Anyway, going to try to figure out how to make it go a little more smoothly, but he thinks maybe something heavy ran over that part of the zipper mechanism. 
  • I'm really ready for this school year to be over.  Honestly, I don't know how families do it with more than 2 kids.  It's really challenging with the two we have.
  • Today I didn't have the cravings as I did as much as I had been.  Not sure if it's hormonal or not, but I'm glad.  Hate to be ruled by food.
    ACTIONS:
    • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
    • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
    • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
    • Water - not a lot
    • Did EFT for:  nothing
    • Hibiscus & green tea iced tea with stevia throughout the day
    LIFE TO DOs:
    • Pickup prescriptions
    • Drop husband's suit jacket off at the dry cleaners.
    • Get eggs, Dawn foaming
    • Get raspberries.
    • Cut honeydews and pineapples
    • Get all Monday's subcon work done Monday.
    • Get all weekend work done.
    • Laundry:  clothes (1 load)
    • Replace Boostaroo
    • Update driver's license for my husband
    • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
    • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
    • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
    • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
    • Continue with job search.
    • File paperwork in crate.
    • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
    SLEEP:
    • 10:30 pm - 1:30 am, 3:00 am - 6:00 am (6 hrs) - my husband woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep easily.  At first I was incredibly upset, but I refused to let the enemy steal my joy and mind to be mad at my husband, so I took my authority in Jesus Christ and told the spirits of whining, complaining, discontent and I don't remember to go away.  And, guess what?  The need to be upset and all the things I prayed and took my authority over, it immediately went away and I mean immediately.

      Though I wasn't able to go to sleep right away and in fact, for more than an hour, couldn't, so I just prayed for all the people that came to my mind to pray over.  
    FOOD JOURNAL:
    Post Workout Smoothie (7:15 am) - blueberries, banana, stevia, 2 scoops whey protein, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, water, ice

    Breakfast (9:15 am) - 2 hard boiled eggs

    Lunch (12:30 pm) - turkey sandwich - bread, mayo, turkey breast, pepper jack cheese, garlic parsley salt, butter lettuce, and pea salad

    Snack (4:00 pm) - 2 handfuls of tomato basil wheat thins

    Dinner (6:45 pm) - kielbasa sausage, hot chorizo sausage, gold potatoes diced, cilantro, green onions, red pepper, onions - 1/2 bowl - it was super spicy and though I wanted to eat more, the spiciness was just too much for me.  Next time I'm buying the mild chorizo and adding my own cayenne pepper.

    Zuzka's 4-Week 6-Pack Summer Abs Challenge (modified):
    Wk 1:
    • Monday - Summer Abs #1 - DONE!
    • Tuesday - Rest Day - 
    • Wednesday - Summer Abs #2 -  
    • Thursday - Rest Day -
    • Friday - Lifted Butt #4 - 
    • Saturday - Summer Abs #3 - 
    • Sunday - Rest Day - 
    EXERCISE 
    Workout Time = 6:14 am

    Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
    • Lateral Step + Pull
    • Slow Rocking Butt Kickers
    • High Knee Pulls
    • Arm Swings + Lateral Step
    • 4 Torso Twist + Knee Up
    • Jog in Place
    • Squats
    • Front Kicks
    • Boxer Shuffle
    • Cross Toe Touches


    Zuzka ZAbs #1 (video clips of exercises below)

    3 Rounds for TIME! (using a 10 lb kettlebell)
    • 15 Standing Weighted Cross Crunch (each side)
    • 20 Seated Weighted Twists -------> Alternate Exercise:  20 Standing Prayer Squat Weighted Twists
    • 10 Elevated Step Overs to Plank Knee Tucks
    • 10 Leg Elevated Bridge Sit Ups ------>  Alternate Exercise: 20 Standing 1-Sided Weighted Mountain Climb
    Cooldown - standing type cooldwon

    Warmup:  Time = 5:55, Max HR = 112 bpm, Avg HR = 101 bpm
    Round 1:  Time = 4:43, Max HR = 132 bpm, Avg HR = 118 bpm
    Round 2:  Time = 3:52, Max HR = 141 bpm, Avg HR = 132 bpm
    Round 3:  Time = 4:05, Max HR = 143 bpm, Avg HR = 135 bpm
    Cooldown:  Time = 17:46, Max HR = 131 bpm, Avg HR = 105 bpm

    Round 1 = 4:43
    Round 2 = 3:52
    Round 3 = 4:05
    --------------------
    Total ZAbs 1 = 12:40

    Zone 1 = 4:14, Zone 2 = 4:48, Zone 3 = 2:08, Zone 4 = 0:00, Zone 5 = 0:00

    Total Time = 36:22
    Max HR = 143 bpm
    Avg HR = 112 bpm
    Total Calories = 336

    Notes:  My arms got tired doing this and I could not have done this workout with a 15 lb kettlebell.  The 10 lbs was almost too heavy, but I did make it through.  I know I engaged my abs, but I'm going to need to focus more on engaging them.  I was able to finish quicker than Zuzka because she was explaining.  I did my alternate exercises because the sit up motions make me very nauseated and I didn't want to feel nauseated most of the day.

    However, due to not enough sleep, I did start off the day and workout a little bit nauseous but that passed maybe a few minutes after I began the warm-up.  Good workout, but I really felt it more in my arms.

    Standing Weighted Cross Crunch

    Seated Weighted Twists


    Standing Weighted Prayer Squat Twists (Alternate Exercise)

    Elevated Step Overs to Plank Knee Tuck


    Leg Elevated Bridge Sit Ups

    Standing 1-Sided Weighted Mountain Climb (Alternate Exercise)

    No comments:

    Printfriendly

    Welcome

    Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

    Make yourself at home!!!

    Translate

    Blog Archive