Index Labels

Wk 11, Day 4 - Thursday, 15-May-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:
Song to the King (cover) - Natalie Grant

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God I got all my subcon work done by 8:15 pm.
  • Thank you God our son got the beads he needed for his Atom project.
  • Thank you God for A/C.
  • Thank you God for all the amazing people You have place in our life.  
  • Thank you God for all my senses that allow me to enjoy life.
THOUGHTS:
  • Parenting is definitely not easy.  At each stage so far, we face different challenges.  Our oldest is really challenged to control her mouth.  I know I've had issues in my own life with that, so she probably gets some of that from her and her biological dad.  Very glad my husband and I are together on parenting, so the kids can't really pull anything over on us.  My husband is very consistent in discipline and I see that he kids respect that much more than my inconsistencies, though, I am learning and becoming more consistent.

    Our son greatly adores my husband and has pretty much called him dad since we got married.  I can see my husband changing, learning and adjusting to parenting.  He gets less frustrated now and I am very glad we both demand respect from our kids and will not put up with disrespectfulness.  Our son readily accepts this, but our daughter challenges this, but less now than she did before.

    She is learning to be more aware and purposeful, which is good, rather than living haphazardly.  We all are.  Grateful for God bringing my husband to our lives.  I needed him and our children need him.  And our husband needs us, too.  It's not to say we don't have insane and hard times, but anything worthwhile, expect that it won't be easy.  Thank you, God!
  • The past week or so, I'm finding that doing EFT (aka tapping) while on my drive home after taking the kids to school is a good time.  I just do it on things that pop into my head or are bothering me.  I do know that it is doing something because I notice when I do do the EFT, it seems the challenges in those areas are reduced and/or eliminated.  Now, some things will take much more work, but if I can get rid of certain aspects, maybe it will open the door to releasing other things that are keeping me from being whom God intends for me to be.

    The things I tapped on today I'll probably have more to tap on in these areas, but maybe I got rid of certain things and then other things God will reveal that need to be tossed out, then I''ll tap on those things.  Everything can't be eliminated at once, but I think certain pieces or chunks can be so I can have greater freedom in life to live, instead of being bound up by things I allow myself to be limited by.

    Today when my husband was snacking, I did not feel compelled to eat anything or join him, which really is surprising.  So, I'm going to be doing more EFT in the morning, even if it's not for a very long time.
  • Our daughter found an appropriate dress for graduation, so that's one less thing we have to buy.  
    ACTIONS:
    • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
    • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
    • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
    • Water
    • Did EFT for:  junk food, social eating, comfort, taste, not wasting, releasing bodyfat, fear, anxiety, failures
    LIFE TO DOs:
    • Take son to bead store for his atom project
    • Download Day 11 of Diabetes Summit
    • Get all of Thursday's subcon work done Thursday.
    • Turn in invoice.
    • Take kids shopping to get graduation outfits
    • Call Verizon to reduce data plan - 
    • Call the IRS - Friday
    • Replace Boostaroo
    • Update driver's license for my husband
    • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
    • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
    • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
    • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
    • Continue with job search.
    • File paperwork in crate.
    • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
    SLEEP:
    • 10:30 pm - 2:00 am, 3:00 am - 6:00 am (6.5 hrs) - not exactly how I like to sleep and this definitely wasn't enough sleep for me, but, it'll have to do
    • 12:25 pm - 12:45 pm (0.33 hr) - power nap
    FOOD JOURNAL:
    Post Workout Smoothie (7:30 am) - blueberries, blackberries, a banana, cinnamon, stevia, whey protein, ground flaxseed, water, ice

    Breakfast (9:30 am) - 3 eggs over easy with garlic parsley salt

    Lunch (1:00 pm) - butter lettuce from the garden, tuna salad (leftovers from Sunday, but I added bacon, avocado, shredded cheddar and tomato to this)

    Dinner (6:30 pm) - homemade spaghetti - spaghetti, herbs & seasonings, very lean beef ground, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, water

    Zuzka's 30 Day Butt Challenge:
    Wk 1:  all 5 workouts done
    Wk 2:  all 5 workouts done
    Wk 3:  all 5 workouts done

    Wk 4:
    • Monday - Lifted Butt Workout #10 - DONE!
    • Tuesday - Lifted Butt Workout #11 - DONE!
    • Wednesday - Rest Day - DONE!
    • Thursday - Lifted Butt Workout #2 - DONE! 
    • Friday - Lifted Butt Workout #5 - 
    • Saturday - Lifted Butt Workout #12 - 
    • Sunday - Rest Day - 
    EXERCISE 
    Workout Time:  6:21 am

    Warmup -  30 sec. each (video below)
    • Push Pulls with Arms
    • High Knee March
    • Wide Arm Circles (Forward & Backward)
    • Deep Squat
    • Arm & Hip Rotations (a challenge to be this coordinated)
    • Fluid Warrior
    • Torso Rotations
    • Up & Outs
    • Boxer Shuffle
    • Jumping Jacks


    Zuzka ZButt Challenge #2 

    1 Round (For Time) - (see videos below for exercises)
    • 10 Forward & Backward Lunge (each leg)
    • 20 Side to Side Hop Squats (Left then Right = 1 rep)
    • 20 Butt Lift & Alternating 1-Legged Butt Lift (10 each leg)
    • 20 Curtsy Lunge with Side Leg Lifts (20 each leg)
    • 20 Plank Jacks
    • Competition Burpee + 5 Sumo Squat Jumps ---> 4x
    • 20 Mini Sumo Squats
    1 Round (For Time) - (see videos below for exercises)
    • 10 Forward & Backward Lunge (each leg)
    • 10 Side to Side Hop Squats (Left then Right = 1 rep)
    • 10 Butt Lift & Alternating 1-Legged Butt Lift (10 each leg)
    • 10 Curtsy Lunge with Side Leg Lifts (20 each leg)
    • 10 Plank Jacks
    • Competition Burpee + 5 Sumo Squat Jumps ---> 2x
    • 10 Mini Sumo Squats

    Cooldown - yoga mat, foam roller

    Warmup:  Time = 5:47, Max HR = 117 bpm, Avg HR = 98 bpm
    Round 1:  Time = 10:01 Max HR = 156 bpm, Avg HR = 136 bpm
    Round 2:  Time = 5:25 Max HR = 158 bpm, Avg HR = 153 bpm
    Cooldown:  Time = 16:30, Max HR = 155 bpm, Avg HR = 117 bpm

    Zone 1 = 4:51, Zone 2 = 1:58, Zone 3 = 2:32, Zone 4 = 5:00, Zone 5 = 3:26



    Total Time = 37:44
    Max HR = 158 bpm
    Avg HR = 124 bpm
    Total Calories = 415

    Notes:  My husband woke me in the middle of the night and hence, I didn't get enough sleep and I also went to bed about 45 min. later than I wanted to because I was working to get back on track with my subcon work.  I was challenged to do the jumping jacks during warm up and the first 2 exercises were killers for me as your legs are some of the biggest muscles in your body.

    I haven't been doing the ACV, probiotics and krill capsules before my workout this week due to sheer lazinesss, but I do take those after the workout and before my smoothie.  It's ideal to take them at least 30 minute before you eat or consume anything, even a smoothie.

    I felt tired, but not as tired as I did on Tuesday and I am grateful this was just a bodyweight workout.  Had I needed to use kettlebells, it would have not been good.  Anyway, I need to focus on getting to bed earlier and to ask my husband not to wake me up tonight.

    Forgot that the 2nd round of this workout was to cut all the reps in half, which I did not do for the first exercise.  All the others, I did, so I actually did more than Zuzka wanted us to do.  Yay for me.  This really is a good workout and if I'd had enough sleep, I really would have loved this workout more because I do love squats, lunges and burpees, which there are plenty in this workout.

    Forward & Backward Lunge 

    Side to Side Hop Squats 

    Butt Lift & Alternating 1-Legged Butt Lift 

    Curtsy Lunge with Side Leg Lifts 

    Plank Jacks

    Competition Burpee + 5 Sumo Squat Jumps 

    Mini Sumo Squats


    No comments:

    Printfriendly

    Welcome

    Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

    Make yourself at home!!!

    Translate

    Blog Archive