Index Labels

Wk 10, Day 5 - Friday, 9-May-2014

. . No comments:
WORSHIP SONG:

All Things Possible - Mark Schultz

5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God I have 14 out of the 20 workouts done for this challenge, almost 75% through and feeling great.
  • Thank you God for my talk with LH about health, fitness stuff.
  • Thank you God I only had to go to two places today.
  • Thank you God I got all my Friday subcon work done.
  • Thank you God I got to sleep in today.
THOUGHTS:
  • My neck and upper back are feeling much better after using the TENS unit on it for quite awhile last night.  It felt really stiff and the electrical stimulation really helped a lot.  I also used my accu-masseur on the sides of my neck gently, to help with any trigger points in the sternocleidomastoid.  The stress really builds up here and trigger points form.  Sometimes this is the cause of my headaches, trigger points in the sternocleidomastoid.  And, earlier this week, I was reading that having trigger points here can cause one to be more prone to nausea and motion sickness.  Wow, so this is an area I need to work on and I wonder when I get this under control, will I be able to do sit up like motions without nausea or ride better in a car without nausea?
  • I'm going to investigate the Whole 30 thing.  I've done paleo before, so I don't see this being super different.  I don't feel bad, but I know I could always make improvements and I know there is a lot of junk in my diet, so there's plenty of room for improvement here.  It seems the Whole 30 site is not working correctly.
  • Since I started the workouts, it seems like I'm always hungry, which I don't like that, so that is another reason for doing the Whole 30 or at least investigating it and possibly taking some actions towards better eating.
  • I am not going to drink anymore Dr. Pepper the rest of May at least.  I did cut out Coke and Diet Coke, so I can do that also with Dr. Pepper.
  • My husband thinks I am eating because of anxiety and stress.  Well, the thing is, that seems constant and the only real thing that is different is the exercise, so I don't think the increased hunger is from stress.
  • Just as I stopped making excuses for the exercise, I'm going to ask God to help me with eating healthy whether or not my husband wants to join in or agrees or not.  He eats A LOT of junk and though not in large portions, throughout the day he has combinations of sodas, junk food, candies, etc.  I don't want to eat this way and found that I am more a social eater and if he's eating, I want to also, which I need to just cut that out whether he does it or not.  I can't force him to eat better, but I can make better choices for the kids and I.
  • The phone was ringing off the hook for my husband today from mid morning through to the late afternoon.  Hopefully he will have more than 1 in person interview next week.  I have an interview with a recruiter next week.  A challenge with all the kids school stuff, my subcon work to do a whole lot on my job stuff, but I do get time each week to do some stuff.  Exercise seems under control as well as sleep, now to reign in the eating and to get busier and more persistent with the job stuff.
ACTIONS:
  • Probiotic & 2x krill oil - before breakfast
  • 3 tpsns Braggs raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 8 oz water - before breakfast
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi-vitamins, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca, selenium supp, Vit E - breakfast
  • Water
  • Did EFT for:  nothing
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Laundry:  clothes (2 loads), rugs (1 load), linens (1 load), uniforms (1 load)
  • Order multi-vitamins, probiotic from LH - me
  • Clean showers - daughter & son
  • Clean toilets - son & daughters
  • Sinks - son & daughter
  • Sweep the house - son
  • Mop the house - daughter
  • Pick up mail - me
  • Replace Boostaroo
  • Update driver's license for my husband
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx  
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. 
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 10:00 pm - 6:45 am (8.75 hrs) - I actually went to bed at 11 pm, but I was watching a movie with my son and fell asleep probably a little before 10 pm, as I've been going to bed around 9:30, my body was tired
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast (8:30 am) - post workout protein smoothie - 2 scoops whey protein, 1/2 scoop ground flaxseed, stevia, cinnamon, blueberries, blackberries, ice, water ----> kept it simple

Breakfast 2 (10:45 am) - 2 eggs over easy with parsley garlic salt

Lunch (12:30 pm) - a macaroni corned beef & cabbage with alfredo dish, and a few sips of chocolate chip frappe

Dinner (5:45 pm) - ham sandwich - bread, lettuce, mayo, garlic parsley salt, pepper jack cheese, tomato

Dinner 2 (8:30 pm) - same as earlier 

Zuzka's 30 Day Butt Challenge:
Wk 1:  all 5 workouts done
Wk 2:  all 5 workouts done

Wk 3:
  • Monday - Lifted Butt Workout #7 - DONE!
  • Tuesday - Lifted Butt Workout #8 - DONE!
  • Wednesday - Rest Day - DONE!
  • Thursday - Lifted Butt Workout #1 - DONE! 
  • Friday - Lifted Butt Workout #3 - DONE!
  • Saturday - Lifted Butt Workout #9 - 
  • Sunday - Rest Day - 
EXERCISE 
Workout Time = 7:26 am

Warmup -  25 sec. each (video below)
  • Boxer Shuffle
  • 2 Twists + Knee
  • Butt Kicks
  • Squat + Stretch Up
  • Fly Jacks
  • Toe Touch & Reach Up
  • Extended Front Toe Touch Kicks
  • Walkdown + Cobra
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Lunge + Reach Forward


Lifted Butt Workout #3 - Yoga

- Basic Flow
- 20 High Lunges (Left Side)
- Basic Flow
- 20 High Lunges (Right Side)
- Basic Flow
- 20 Fire Hydrants (each side)
- Basic Flow
- 20 Floor Straight Leg Lifts (each side)
- Basic Flow
- 20 Fire Hydrant Kicks (each side)
- Basic Flow
- 20 Arm Chair to Standing Leg Lift (alternating)

Cooldown - Zuzka Cooldown #2 (basically yoga stuff)

Warmup:  Time = 4:58, Max HR = 127 bpm, Avg HR = 111 bpm
Yoga:  Time = 11:28 Max HR = 131 bpm, Avg HR = 117 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 7:22, Max HR = 129 bpm, Avg HR = 112 bpm

Zone 1 = 6:40, Zone 2 = 0:28, Zone 3 = 0:00, Zone 4 = 0:00, Zone 5 = 0:00
Total Time = 23:48
Max HR = 131 bpm
Avg HR = 114 bpm
Total Calories = 237

Notes:  I was dripping in sweat, but this workout did not raise my heart rate.  The portion that did were the lunges, but the rest did not.  However, I woke up my glutes, hams and some quads were a bit sore and stiff, but not too bad.  This was a good workout for feeling how I physically felt.  Unlike the first time I did this workout, which was almost 2 weeks ago, which is my first very early morning workout in probably over 10 years, I did decide that I did need to do a warm-up and a cooldown.

Since the kids didn't have to go to school today, I got to sleep in until almost 7:00 am and it feels good.  It's now 8:35 am as I write this.  My husband and kids are asleep and I'm on my third load of laundry and about to begin my subcon work.

Basic Flow 

High Lunges

Fire Hydrants 

Floor Straight Leg Lifts 

Fire Hydrant Kicks

Arm Chair to Standing Leg Lift

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive