Index Labels

Zucchini Hash Browns

. . No comments:
This is the recipe from my friend Gina, which is from someone else.  Here's the link to Gina's recipe, but I'll repost here:  Zucchini Hash Browns ( just copied & pasted from her site).


My hash browns don't look as good as Gina's

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 dash pepper
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1  1/2 cups shredded zucchini
DIRECTIONS
  1. Heat oil in skillet.
  2. Mix together zucchini, slightly beaten eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
  3. Drop by spoonfuls into the hot skillet.
  4. After browning on one side flip and brown the other side.
  5. Note: you can substitute egg whites to lower calorie, cholesterol, and fat counts. (1 egg white is about 3 Tbs)
  6. You can also add a bit of shredded onion to the mix if you want them to be more like a potato latke
-------------------------------
My Comments:
  • These were so easy to whip up and yummy.  Basically any veggie you can shred, you can make these with them.
  • You can also add different seasonings to get different flavors.  The next time I make these, they would be good with cayenne pepper, or some Italian seasonings.
  • I don't know how many servings these made, but I scarfed down this whole recipe in one sitting.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive