Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus 2.0 - Wk 4, Day 7, Sun, 1-Apr-2012

. . No comments:

DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • Am feeling much more well-rested with 2 nights of getting enough sleep.  I have 3 Spartacus workouts to makeup in the next 6 days, which also means that I need to get my protein powder that I've run out of  and make sure I eat enough this week to sustain 3 extra tough workouts.  The goal is to do 1 workout in the morning and 1 in the late afternoon, to allow greater metabolism spikes.
  • Need to really focus on getting to bed on time and turning off my phone after 9 pm, so I am not distracted.
  • Today and the following 4 Sundays, I am teaching my Warriors Sunday School class.  They are 3-4 yr olds and I need to be a warrior in my habits.
  • A friend had been telling me about Crossfit and that what I have been doing resembles Crossfit.  Though I have heard of it for years, I never investigated as I loved what I had been doing and was getting results.  It seemed like a cult following to me, as my friend had also pointed out.  Anyway, today I went to see a little what Crossfit was about and it looks even tougher than what I've been doing.  My workouts are tough, and I don't feel inclined to do some of the things that I saw, like using a gigantic tire, or snatches with a ton of weight on a barbell, or pistols.  No thank you.  My workouts are tough already and it gives me no satisfaction to do the other stuff, at least at this point in my life.
  • Found another site that has paleo recipes - Foodee.  I put a badge on my site if you are interested in linking to it.
  • I tried to get interested in BodyRock after Zuzka Light has left, but it's not the same.  Though Lisa is the new girl and very fit, I don't find her motivating or inspiring.  She seems like some of the gym instructors that I never connected with that was always thin and fit, and can't relate to those of us who are.  There is something wonderful about Zuzka that made her appealing and relate-able, even though she looks fantastic.  Guess with her flaws that she reveals and sounds sincere about, it helps us to connect.  I like her new channel better and I'm no longer a BodyRock fan.
  • I think what I had for lunch had a great impact on my tiredness.  Definitely eating what I ate, the little bit of corn and the baked onion rings did something to me and it was pretty immediate.  I could barely drive home and felt comatose.  That isn't the case when I made my own foods.  Guess I did not plan properly, as I knew this event was coming up.
  • Eating this weekend wasn't that great as I'm used to making all my own foods and this time, I had a lot of foods that I didn't prepare, so I wasn't sure exactly what all went into the foods, which could account for me feeling so sluggish.  Time to get back on track with my eating & sleep, as well as exercise.

SMARTER GOAL:  Workout. ---->  Failed.  Haven't been doing so well with my workouts.


SLEEP:  10:30 pm - 7:00 am (8.5 hrs) - I think I fell asleep actually closer to 10 pm.  Can't remember.  Feel much better this morning.

Nap:  4-7:45 pm (3.75 hrs) - I was exhausted.  Feel much better now.  Hope I can sleep tonight.

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
7:55 am - 3 Probiotics, Heart Meds, 2 Krill EFAs
9:00 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule


EATING:  Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 63)

Meal 1 @ 8:00 am:   3 scrambled eggs w/sea salt, ground pepper & olive oil

Meal 2@ 1:15 pm: - Mexi-Salad from Trader Joe's - this had corn in it and I did not pick it out.  Some baked onion rings from Trader Joe's - this had rice flour and some cornmeal.  This was not a good meal for me to have for the way I eat.

Meal 3 @ 8:15 pm:  3/4 oz 85% dark chocolate, 2 oz raw almonds, 3 eggs over easy with sea salt & olive oil

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive