Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus 2.0 - Wk 8, Day 6, Sat, 28-Apr-2012

. . No comments:

DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • BP - 123/74, 52 bpm - Overall, I got more sleep, than I have since Sunday.  But, my BP is not coming down as I'd like, so sleep does have a huge impact on my BP.  If I was getting enough sleep, eating right, and exercising, the BP would probably be 110/68, 50 bpm or in that range.  Enough sleep is close to 8 hrs and waking up refreshed.
  • Didn't feel like doing pictures or video today, or even measurements because I didn't exercise this week, mainly sat at my computer and traded the market, and messed up eating a couple meals last weekend.  However, I still end up releasing an inch overall my body, 2 lbs, and bodyfat!!!  Praise God! 
  • It's great to eat super yummy foods, not feel deprived and lose bodyfat.  How cool is that?
  • My 6th grade daughter is studying for finals this weekend, so not a lot of plans to do other things outside of the normal.
  • So glad my kids are older as now my kids completely do the laundry themselves from start to finish.
  • Yesterday my son vacuumed most of the house.  I'm blessed that my kids don't complain about doing chores, rather they see they are a part of the household and it's a part of their responsibility to take care of things, too.
  • Today I'm going to make a new dish - Brazilian Curry Chicken as well as make some Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes.  Recipes to follow, but both these dishes are from other Paleo-ists, with me modifying.
  • Printed out what seems like a ton of things for my daughter to study for Science.  Thankfully I can print 8 pages total (front & back) to help save paper on the PowerPoint presentations and 4 pages total on the other stuff (front & back).  This saved me a lot of paper, otherwise, it would've been over 200 pages printed.  It was a pain to have to flip the paper over, but that's okay, I'm very appreciative of my printer that has served me well.  I look forward one day being able to afford a laser color dual sided printer that does it fast, but until then, what I have is totally awesome!
  • I did a lot of cooking today.  Made a quiche in the morning.  After my nap, I began making a Brazilian Curry Chicken dish for tomorrow.  Modified yet another recipe and will post the recipe later.
  • Was going to make Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes but my kids ate all the strawberries and I'm out of coconut flour and maple syrup.  So, I opted to make "Laura's Amazing Cookies" with modifications, of course.  This will accompany the chicken for tomorrow, which I will make cilantro-seasoned brown rice to go with that for the family I'm making it for.  Will save some for my kids and I (the kids will have rice, I'll make cauli-rice.
  • My son asked me if I could make pizza tonight.  The ground flaxseed crust is pretty easy to make, but I didn't really feel like it, but I did.  As that was baking, I began making the cookies.  Had 3 things of roasted chicken in the frig, so I finished using up one of the chickens (2 more left) on the pizza.  Bought some fresh basil from the Asian market yesterday, so topped it with that, too, as well as a jar of fire roasted red peppers that's been waiting for me to use. 
Ground flaxseed crust baked, now topping with pestos, roasted chicken & roasted red pepper
The fresh basil smelled so aromatic.
This is actually a thin layer of mozzarella
Pizza all baked 15 min. later
  • Finished using up the Granny Smith apples for the cookies, both pestos that I had made, and almost finished off the bag of almond meal, finished off the refrigerated ground flaxseed, a container of fresh parmesan.  Used up the 2 big packages of chicken thighs for the crockpot.  That's a lot of chicken.  
  • Still trying to figure out what I'm going to make on Wednesday, as it's Asian potluck at that life group.
  • Decided to save some time and make tumeric-cilantro brown rice tonight so I don't have to get up extra early to make this.  Will add the cilantro in the morning.  Thus, the Grady's dinner and dessert will be ready in about 15 min. when I wake up to assemble the meal and take to church.
SMARTER GOAL:   Do active recovery for my left knee and some strengthening exercises.

SLEEP:  10:30 pm - 4:45 am & 5:15 am - 7:15 am (8.25 hrs) - A friend of mine dropped off her son as she had to work today.  Friends helping each other out.  I went back to sleep for a couple more hours and would've stayed asleep longer had my kids not been slamming doors.

Nap:  4-4:45 pm (45 min) - Just felt a little worn out and unmotivated.

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
8:45 am - 2 EFAs, 3 Probiotics
10:45 am -  Heart Meds, 6 Women's Multi-Vitamins w/Iron
9:45 pm - heart meds, 1 Mg capsule


EATING:  Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 90)
Meal 1 @ 10:15 am:  1/6th slice of Quiche (pork sausage, asparagus, mozzarella) ----> Quiches are so easy to whip up, basically eggs, heavy cream, salt & pepper and whatever ingredients you want, which I usually choose a veggie & a meat, and periodically I will put cheese in it, which I did today.

Meal 2@ 12:45 pm: - 1/6th slice of Quiche from earlier

Meal 3 @ 3:30 pm -  1/6th slice of Quiche from earlier, left over cauli-rice (less than 1/2 cup)

Meal 4 @ 7:30 pm - 2 slices of homemade pizza (ground flaxseed crust w/parmesan & eggs topped with swiss chard-cilantro pesto & walnut-basil pesto; toppings were rotisserie chicken, roasted red pepper, fresh basil leaves & mozzarella).  The pizza was cut into 8 equal slices by my 8-yr old son.  This pizza is super filling.  It's all that ground flaxseed.

Treat @ 8:15 pm - 1 Laura's Amazing Pumpkin Cookies

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive