Index Labels

RFast Track & Spartacus 2.0 - Wk 7, Day 2, Tues, 17-Apr-2012

. . No comments:

DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • BP - 117/72, 54 bpm - BP worse today.  Woke up with a groggy headache.  I worked on a lot of trigger points late last night and probably didn't drink enough water or get enough sleep.
  • Hoping that the coughing doesn't start and the Mucinex DM from yesterday is working today.  
  • Lots of coughing even while I was trying to go to sleep last night for quite some time.
  • Funk's nutritional plan for us Beta Spartans includes complex carbs that include grains & starches.  He's suggesting that I follow this, but I cannot.  I have made some weak attempts a couple times to include little bits of grains/starches and a little more sugar into my diet, but I simply felt awful.  It's actually worse than being on medications like Mucinex.  My brain gets really foggy.  I physically feel incredibly lethargic and like I absolutely have to sleep.  My stomach doesn't feel too good.  And, diarrhea, bloating, and I can't focus or concentrate.  Until my body is able to process sugars better, which it may never, I have to keep to low sugar (even 1 apple is too much sugar for me), no grains & starches.
  • Eat protein & veggies 1 hr before workouts.  Too much earlier than that and I won't have the energy to make it through the tough workouts.  Too close to the workout makes me feel cumbersome.
  • I've lost 21-22 pounds in 11.5 weeks, which is just slightly under 2 lbs a week.  I've gone from 33% bodyfat down to 23.25% in that same amount of time.  That's 0.85% average per week, which I think is pretty amazing, considering I've been sick twice.  These are amazing results.
  • Got a chance again to papertrade the market.  It always helps to look at an overview from different timeframes from 1 min. all the way to days.  Each gives you a different perspective on the market, yet, it is the same market.  All those things help me trade.  Today I was able to in 3.75 hrs take 20 points from 1 contract in 6 trades.  That is absolutely amazing, considering up until yesterday, I hadn't traded   since last summer and haven't kept up with the market.  It's just a matter of following your trading plan exactly and reading the charts, NOT interjecting my opinions.  If you follow a good trading plan, not every trade will turn in your favor, but my trading plan is about 80%.  I believe the same goes for weight loss.  If you follow a good plan that is appropriate for you personally, in the long run, you will gain success.

SMARTER GOAL:  Get my workout done!  ---->  Done.  Sorta hurt myself during cooldown.


SLEEP:  11:45 pm - 6:30 am (6.75 hrs) -  Alarm woke me up.  I had a dream about E Powell.  Not sure why.  Woke up feeling a bit disoriented, groggy.

Nap:  10:30 am - 12:00 pm (1.5 hrs) - I was fully concentrating on trading but I was feeling mentally like I needed a nap as I didn't get enough sleep last night.

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
8:30 am - Heart Meds, 6 Women's Multi-Vitamins w/Iron, 3 probiotics, 2 Prograde krill EFAs
9:30 pm - Heart Meds, 1 Mg capsule, 2 Oil of Oregano capsules


EATING:  Jorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 79)
Meal 1 @ 8:45 am:  2 eggs scrambled ----> My son made this for me.

Meal 2@ 1:00 pm: -  3 oz wild salmon (broiled) w/lemon & 3/4 cup cauli-rice (leftovers from 2 nights ago)

Post Workout Shake @ 3:10 pm - 2.5 scoops whey protein, 1 scoop ground flaxseed, 1 scoop Greens First powder, cinnamon, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup cold water

Treat @ 5:00 pm - 4 squares 85% dark chocolate, 1/2 oz raw walnuts

Meal 3 @ 6:45 pm - 3 oz wild salmon (broiled) w/lemon and 1 cup cauli-rice (last of leftovers)

---------------------------------------------------------------


WORKOUT:  did workout starting 2:15 pm

Equipment Used:  Yoga matPolar Heartrate Monitor RS200SDGymBoss TimerSwiss Ball, 2-10# DBs

Warmup (2 rounds):  3:36
  • Pushups x 8 
  • Squats x 12
  • Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
  • Jumping Jacks x 20

Funk Roberts - Spartacus 2.0 Week 7, Workout #2, 1st time

I am unable to publish the specifics of what I'm doing for my workout during this Beta 2.0 program.  If you're interested in Funk Robert's workouts, please checkout his blog (I have a link at the top of my blog) or find him on YouTube.  He has really great workouts.

Cooldown:  14:19 ---> I was pressed for time.  After I did my standing stretches, went down to the floor with the foam roller and bent my left knee wrong and PAIN!!!!  It felt like I popped it out of place and pulled my calf muscle at the same time.  Nearly blacked out, but stuck it through to not. I gently tried to finish cooling down, but it was challenging.

Heartrates
Warmup:  Max HR = 123 bpm, Avg HR = 113 bpm
Round 1:  Max HR = 141 bpm, Avg HR = 125 bpm
Round 2:  Max HR = 148 bpm, Avg HR = 135 bpm
Round 3:  Max HR = 152 bpm, Avg HR = 142 bpm
Cooldown:  Max HR = 148 bpm, Avg HR = 123 bpm

Total Time:  58:36
Calories Burned:  759 
Max HR:  152 bpm
Avg HR:  130 bpm

Zone 1 = 19:24, Zone 2 = 11:10, Zone 3 = 11:20, Zone 4 = 4:02, Zone 5 = 12:52


Notes:  I was about 15 bpm less for max hr and avg hr's for everything nearly than yesterday.  Today, however, I haven't been coughing a lot like I was yesterday.  My chest isn't hurting.  Today I am more sore and tired than anything.  Though I spent about the same amount of time today working out, I'm 200 calories less.  I honestly felt I worked harder in today's workout than yesterday.  Yesterday's was more fun, though.

I could not get the hang of the Half Burpees w/Pike.  What I thought about the Swiss Pikes was that I would not be able to do them, which I was reasonably okay.

I hurt myself during my cooldown.  After I did standing quad stretches, I came down to the floor and somehow my knee twisted into a weird manner and it felt like my knee popped out of place and I pulled my left calf muscle some.  Icing it and will take some Alleve and elevate.  I felt like blacking out some, but took deep breaths and remained calm.  Thankfully tomorrow is a rest day.

With all the trigger point work I'm doing, I'm experiencing greater range of motion, but I need to now strengthen the surrounding muscles where the trigger points were so I don't injure myself with this new found range of motion.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive