Index Labels

Coconut Chicken Nuggets

. . No comments:
This recipe comes from Multiply Delicious blog Coconut Chicken Nuggets.  I just made this recipe with  some modifications, as I didn't exactly have 2 of the ingredients she listed.  I will post what I used, but it is not my recipe.  These, so far, have been the tastiest nuggets I've ever tried.  YUMMY!  McDonald's has NOTHING compared to these and they are healthy, too!

Makes about 24-30 Nuggets


I had the temp when pan-frying them too high originally.


Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lbs ground chicken thighs
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbspns dehydrated onion
  • 1 tbspn garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup almond meal + 1/3 cup almond meal
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • sea salt & ground pepper

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375° F.
  • Combine ground chicken, egg, onion, garlic powder, salt & pepper, and 1/2 cup almond meal in a glass or stainless stell bowl and mix well with your hands.
  • In a shallow bowl, combine 1/3 cup almond meal, coconut, salt & pepper.  Mix well.
  • Heat coconut oil on medium high heat.
  • Take chicken mixture and form balls about 1 rounded tblspn.
  • Coat balls with coconut mixture.
  • Cook chicken balls in heated oil for 3-4 min. on first side, patting the balls slightly, flattening to be like nuggets.  Turn over and cook for another 2-3 min.  They should be about medium brown.


  • Transfer nuggets to a parchment lined baking pan with sides.  
  • Bake in oven for 4-5 min., until heated through.
  • Serve with Paleo BBQ Sauce.





No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive