Index Labels

Sour Cream Sausage Banana Pancakes

. . No comments:
These are the most savory pancakes I have ever made, and it was by accident.  Normally we eat some type of egg dish for breakfast, but since today we weren´t pressed for time, I gathered some things together and this is what turned out.  Normally I make healthier pancakes than this, but I bought a large box of Bisquick mix at Costco a couple months ago and still have most of the box.  Pancakes is not something that is often made in our household, and they have never been savory like today´s.

You have got to try these pancakes and they are very forgiving.  This recipe is very versatile, too, and you could essentially make fritters from these, too, but I did not.  Also, I did not have any milk, so I used water instead and there was some sour cream in the frig, so I put some in.  The pancakes were fluffy and had a rich taste.


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 3/4 lb sausage (I used Jimmy Dean, but any type will do)
  • olive oil
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 250 F.
  • Cook sausage in a large skillet on medium high heat.  Make sure sausage is thoroughly cooked (no pink) and crumbled.
  • Combine Bisquick, eggs, water, sour cream and mix well.
  • Mash banana with hands and mix well into Bisquick mixture.  Mixture should be neither runny nor too thick.
  • When sausage is finished cooking, making sure the sausage is crumbled because you don´t want big chunks of sausage in the pancakes, add carefully to the pancake mixture.  Do NOT pour grease into pancake mixture and retain in skillet.
  • Reduce heat to medium.
  • Drop pancake mixture into about 1/4 cup size into skillet forming a circle.  
  • Cook pancakes for about 2 min. or until it´s slightly browned.  You can lift the edge to see if it´s slightly browned.  Flip and cook for another 1-2 min., until slightly browned.
  • Remove cooked pancakes to a large casserole dish and place in the oven to keep warm.
  • Serve with either syrup, if you like, or dust with powdered sugar.  I personally do not like syrup on my pancakes and just like eating them plain.  The banana gives it a slight sweet flavor, while the sausage gives it the savory, salty taste all in one bite.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate