Index Labels

Baked Stuffed Plantains with Cheese & Guava (Plantanos con Queso y Bocadillo)

. . No comments:
I have been wanting to make stuffed plantains for awhile, and now I have been able to.  This took longer to cook than I anticipated.  They turned out sweeter than I was hoping for and didn´t taste salty as we hoped.  But, they were still good.

 

Servings:  4 appetizers

Ingredients:
  • 2 very ripe plantains (the peel needs to be basically black)
  • 2 oz of Mexican cheese (queso), very thin and small slices
  • guava paste (called bocadillo)
  • butter
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 F.
Very, very ripe plantains
  • Cut ends off the plantains and carefully peel.
  • Cut plantains in half & thoroughly butter the plantain halves.
  • Place in baking dish.
  • Bake for 45 min., turning the plantains about half way through.
  • Remove plantains from oven and slice down carefully lengthwise without going all the way through the plantain.
  • Place queso in the slit.  You can really stuff this with a lot of cheese.
  • Sparingly put guave paste in the slices of the queso.  If you put a lot, this will be super sweet.
  • Bake for about 15-25 min.  Cheese and guava should be melted.  Ours took about 23 min.
  • Serve hot as an appetizer or a side.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate