I thought I had a picture of this, but guess I don´t. So, I will have to take a picture the next time I make this and post it here.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1/2 cup Macayo´s green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (a combination of colby and cheddar cheese)
- 1 lb sausage (a chorizo would be good, but any sausage will do)
- Smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook sausage, crumbling it as you cook it. There should be no pink. Cook until done.
- Slice French bread into 1/2" slices using a serrated knife. This should be about 14-16 slices.
- Brush each slice of bread with the green enchilada sauce.
- Top each slice of bread with the sausage . . . making sure there is enough for each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over sausage.
- Lightly dust each slice of bread with paprika.
- Bake in oven for 13-15 min.
- Serve warm.