Index Labels

Colombian Cheesy Sausage Toast

. . No comments:
Often when we want to have a light dinner, we take a loaf of French bread and we dress it up with a greens protein smoothie.  I call it Colombian as my beau is Colombian and he loves bread.

I thought I had a picture of this, but guess I don´t.  So, I will have to take a picture the next time I make this and post it here.

Ingredients:
  • 1 loaf of French bread
  • 1/2 cup Macayo´s green enchilada sauce
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (a combination of colby and cheddar cheese)
  • 1 lb sausage (a chorizo would be good, but any sausage will do)
  • Smoked paprika
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 F.
  • Cook sausage, crumbling it as you cook it.  There should be no pink.  Cook until done.
  • Slice French bread into 1/2" slices using a serrated knife.  This should be about 14-16 slices.
  • Brush each slice of bread with the green enchilada sauce.
  • Top each slice of bread with the sausage . . . making sure there is enough for each slice of bread.
  • Sprinkle shredded cheese over sausage.
  • Lightly dust each slice of bread with paprika.
  • Bake in oven for 13-15 min.
  • Serve warm. 



No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate