Index Labels

Bacon Cilantro Guacamole

. . No comments:
This recipe is born out of my head and what I thought might be in guacamole.  I will have to say that I did look up in Kevin´s recipe on Closet Cooking on guacamole.  He has beautiful pictures and amazing recipes and I have gotten some great ideas from him with regards to my own cooking.  Check his site out.  I just looked up the ingredients without looking up the amount.  In this case, my version of guacamole still turned out very delish!
Bacon Cilantro Guacamole over Cilantro Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
Ingredients:
  • 4 small avocados, diced into large chunks
  • 1 lime, the juice of
  • 1 bunch of cilantro, include stems
  • 1 large beef steak tomato, cut into large chunks
  • 1/2 large red onion, cut into large chunks
  • 1 Tbspn cumin
  • 1 Tbspn sea salt
  • 7 slices of bacon, crumbled
Directions:
  • Cook bacon on a baking sheet that has a lip, so the grease has somewhere to run to.  If you have a cookie rack to place in the baking sheet, better for the bacon to drain.  I forgot to do this.  Bake at 450 F for 15 min.
  • Let bacon cook for about 5 min., shake off any excess grease (or wipe with paper towels).
  • Place red onion and cilantro in food processor until finely chopped.
  • Add tomato, lime juice, avocados, cumin, salt and pulse chop until it´s a somewhat smooth choppiness.  This took me a couple minutes.  
  • Add bacon and pulse until finely mixed.
  • Remove guacamole to a serving bowl.  You can refrigerate it and let it chill for an hour so it solidfies more, but we had ours fresh and it was perfect.  Try it with my Cilantro Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate