- 2.5 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 3 cups of oil for frying
- 1 Tbspn sea salt
- 1 Tbpsn garlic powder
- Rinse the peeled potatoes with water.
- Cut off ends of potatoes, then slice potatoes lengthwise, then slice those potatoes lengthwise to get a rectangular shaped fry. With the ends, slice lengthwise.
- Heat oil for frying in a large skillet or Dutch oven on medium high heat.
- If oil is smoking, that is too hot. It is hot enough when you place a wooden spoon into the oil and it bubbles all around, but the oil is not smoking.
- Sprinkle and evenly coat the potato fries with sea salt and garlic powder.
- Place cut up potatoes into the oil.
- Fry fries for 4-8 lbs, turning periodically, making sure it´s a lightly tanned color.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.