Index Labels

Garlicky Fries (Papas Fritas)

. . 1 comment:
My beau simply loves papas fritas and it´s from him I learned how to make homemade fries with just a potato, cutting board, parer, and knife.  These fries taste far better than McDonald´s fries and also way less expensive.  The cost to make 2.5 lbs of fries was $0.50 for the potatoes, about $0.75 for oil to fry (we can use to fry other foods, too).  This made about 3-4 large order of McDonald´s fries, which is about $9 total.


Servings:  4

Ingredients:
  • 2.5 lbs potatoes, peeled
  • 3 cups of oil for frying
  • 1 Tbspn sea salt
  • 1 Tbpsn garlic powder
Directions:
  • Rinse the peeled potatoes with water.
  • Cut off ends of potatoes, then slice potatoes lengthwise, then slice those potatoes lengthwise to get a rectangular shaped fry.  With the ends, slice lengthwise.
  • Heat oil for frying in a large skillet or Dutch oven on medium high heat.
  • If oil is smoking, that is too hot. It is hot enough when you place a wooden spoon into the oil and it bubbles all around, but the oil is not smoking.
  • Sprinkle and evenly coat the potato fries with sea salt and garlic powder.  
  • Place cut up potatoes into the oil.
  • Fry fries for 4-8 lbs, turning periodically, making sure it´s a lightly tanned color.  
  • Drain on paper towels.
  • Serve warm.

1 comment:

Aida said...

Hi!
I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. I think we're going to get along just fine! ;) I'd like to invite you to meet my space as well and I hope you'll have as much fun as I am having in yours!
I wish you lots of success
kisses
http://cottoncandy-peaches@blogspot.com

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate