Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 1, Day 2 - Tues, 31-Jan-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • I can't do any of this without God.  Serious praying.
  • A friend lent me a book by Mark Sisson called The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation.  It all makes sense.  It's like a Paleo Diet.  Lots of great information.
  • More exercise is not necessarily better.  This could ever make me a better sugar burner/fat storer than a fat burner.
  • The library and friends (so as long as you return the books you borrowed - I'm guilty of not doing this at times, but I have returned every book I've borrowed in the past few years) are a great resource to try out books before deciding whether you want to purchase them or not.  It saves a lot of money.
  • Have plenty of fresh veggies, protein & nut options on hand so everyone can pick what they want.  Let the kids get involved in making their own salads or help with meal preparation, like washing, cutting, cooking.  Each person take ownership.
  • If it's going to be awhile before you can eat, eat more at the meal before to hold you over.
  • Can cut or cook ahead.  Instead of just making one patty, I made 4.
  • Know what you'll eat a couple days before so there is time to thaw out meat. 
  • Found I probably need more EFAs for my heart.  Going to take 4 EFAs total.
  • My BP is still too high.  Today I feel a bit jittery and headache.  I think it's caused by changing my diet to low sugar and now my body is fighting back, not wanting me to make these good changes for my body.  I must endure through this period.
SMARTER GOAL:    Make sure to eat how I'm supposed to despite schedule.

SLEEP:  11:30 pm - 5:30 am ----> Went to bed a little after 10 pm, but was reading until 11 pm, and didn't fall asleep immediately.  Woke up early before my alarm, feeling mildly sore.  Today is a long day.  Feel pretty good, though.  No energy dips at all.  Felt great all day physically, and overall good mentally.

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
7:20 am - Heart Meds, 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 Probiotics, 2 EFAs
8:40 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds, 2 EFAs

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 2)
Meal 1 @ 7:30 am:  2-3 eggs, scrambled w/mushrooms, spinach, orange pepper, sea salt & pepper with 2 slices of no nitrite bacon from Trader Joe's, 1/3 small avocado sliced ----> Since I didn't eat bacon or cheese yesterday, I added that in.  Oh, I sauteed the veggies in a little of the bacon grease from the bacon.  Yummy.

Meal 2 @ 10:15 am:  about 1 oz raw cheddar cheese (might not actually be that much)

Meal 3 @ 2:30 pm:  1/3 lb before cooking (85% lean) Hamburger patty seasoned with sea salt, ground pepper, African smoked spices, 3 medium sized romaine lettuce leaves, 1/2 small avocado sliced, 1/3 cucumber (sliced), 1/4 orange pepper sliced ----> I was so hungry.  Was in the middle of life group praying, so not a good time to eat then.  Next time I'll have to eat more right before.  Scarfed down this food driving.  The patty was sooo yummy.

Meal 4 @ 4:00 pm:  a hard-boiled egg

Meal 5 @ 6:45 pm:  wild salmon grilled with sea salt, olive oil spray, ground lemon pepper, slices of lemon, asparagus spears ---->  I go to a single mom's group and they always have a dinner, but it always is very starchy, so now I'm going to eat before or bring my meal to the group to eat.

Treat @ 8:35 pm:  a very small square of 85% dark chocolate

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate