Index Labels

Doris' Frig, Freezer, Pantry - Foods on Hand

. . No comments:
These are items that are in our frig/freezer/pantry to support healthier more primal eating, but not 100% primal, as we have some dairy and items that are not on that list.  This is for a no-grain, low sugar, no starch diet.  Although, mangos are high in sugar.  Those are options for my kids, rather than for me.  I also have rice pastas, brown rice & quinoa, legumes more for my son than my daughter.  Those are not for me.  We still have a box of pop tarts and some bags of cookies left on top of the frig.

I basically shop at Trader Joe's, Sprouts & a few items from Costco as it's more affordable there.  I typically buy things that are seasonal and on sale, fresh if possible.  Whole Foods has really nice variety of kales & chards, as well as other greens.  They are beautiful there, and sometimes I will get it there.

The meats should last us 2-3 weeks or more.  Much of it is frozen.  The veggies will take us 1-2 weeks to devour.  Can you feel the health oozing out?  LOL.
  • Greens:  mixed greens, baby spinach, regular kale, red swiss chard, wild arugula, romaine lettuce, cilantro, Italian parsley 
  • Veggies:  cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, avocado (I think this is a fruit), red/yellow/green onions, broccoli, cauliflower, red/green/orange/yellow bell peppers, jalepeno, eggplant, ginger, zucchini, fresh garlic, shredded & baby carrots, frozen artichokes, frozen spinach, frozen pepper trio, frozen carrots  
  • Fruit:  frozen blueberries, mango, pineapple; fresh oranges 
  • Protein:  mahi mahi, wild salmon, cod, boneless free range chicken thighs, breasts, tenders, ground grass-fed sirloin, ground turkey, no nitrite bacon or turkey bacon, oven roasted herbed turkey breast, organic free-range eggs, no nitrite ham, ground pork, pork chops, squid/shrimp/scallops 
  • Nuts:  macademia, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, pecans 
  • Dairy:  raw cheddar cheese, string mozzarella, fat free Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, heavy cream, whipping cream 
  • Oils:  Grapeseed oil (high heat), extra virgin coconut oil (high heat), extra virgin olive oil (low heat), olive oil spray
  • Other:  Tons of dried spices/herbs, non-sweetened coconut milk, non-sweetened almond milk, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, ground flaxseed, psyllium husk, protein powder (very low sugar <6 g/serving), 85% dark chocolate

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate