Index Labels

Workout - Tues, 15-Nov-2011 (Scott Colby's Bootcamps on Demand - Fight Gone Bad)

. . No comments:
Instead of staying up late last night, I decided to go to bed at a reasonable hour.  Unfortunately I woke up before 3 am and was awake for about an hr but was able to get back to sleep for another couple more hours.  Got about 7 hrs sleep last night, which is good.  I continue to have really weird dreams and a flurry of them.

I need to get back to a good sleep hygiene of getting to bed at a decent hour so I can get enough sleep and not need naps.  But, a part of not needing naps is to keep my sugar intake low throughout the whole day every day.  The combination of getting good sleep every night, low daily sugar intake, and exercise consistently WILL get rid of the excess bodyfat.  My issue is consistency.

Today I decided to do Scott Colby's "Fight Gone Bad" from his Bootcamps on Demand.  That was yesterday's workout.  I had to modify 1 thing because it calls for kettlebells, and I don't have any.  In place, I used a medicine ball that I had straps with.

Fight Gone Bad Workout

Equipment:  GymBoss timer, Polar Heartrate RS200 Monitor, 8 lb medicine ball with straps

Warmup (2x):  5:03 (forgot to program my GymBoss, so this included this time)
  • Pushups x 8 reps
  • Squats x 12 reps
  • Spiderman Climbs x 10 reps total
  • Jumping Jacks x 20 reps
5 Rounds (max reps for 1 min. each exercise):
  • Medicine Ball High Pull with Squat:  R1 = 27 reps, R2 = 26 reps, R3 = 27 reps, R4 = 26 reps, R5 = 28 reps
  • Wall Ball:  R1 = 23 reps, R2 = 34 reps, R3 = 28 reps, R4 = 26 reps, R5 = 23 reps
  • Medicine Ball Swing:  R1 = 26 reps, R2 = 28 reps, R3 = 28 reps, R4 = 28 reps, R5 = 28 reps
  • Pushups:  R1 = 20 reps, R2 = 23 reps, R3 = 16 reps, R4 = 20 reps, R5 = 20 reps
  • Rest (1 min)
The first 2 rounds felt good, but starting to get winded by the third round.  By round 4, I was tired and was wanting the workout to be over.  The Wall Balls were harder than I thought.  It is tossing a ball high to the wall and getting it.  Throughout the first 3 exercises, I used an 8 lb medicine ball with straps on it.  Since I was at the park, I didn't want to take a lot of equipment.  Used the bathroom wall to do the wall ball, as there were no other walls at the park.

Heartrates:
Warmup:  Max HR = 142 bpm, Avg HR = 111 bpm
Round 1:  Max HR = 126 bpm, Avg HR = 119 bpm
Round 2:  Max HR = 130 bpm, Avg HR = 122 bpm
Round 3:  Max HR = 134 bpm, Avg HR = 126 bpm
Round 4:  Max HR = 136 bpm, Avg HR = 131 bpm
Round 5:  Max HR = 141 bpm, Avg HR = 131 bpm
Cooldown:  Max HR = 123 bpm, Avg HR = 118 bpm

Cooldown:  9:30 - Stretch total body, using 20 sec holds

Total Time:  40:11 (includes warmup and cooldown)
Calories Burned:  466 calories
Max Heartrate: 142 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  123 bpm

Zone 1 = 13:58, Zone 2 = 6:58, Zone 3 = 0:59

Note:  I haven't done a workout like this in quite some time and didn't realize I missed them that much.  It felt good and this workout wasn't complicated, as long as I had my workout notebook to record my reps.  It was really nice doing this outside at the park in the high 50s for temp.  I felt a little self conscious with people walking by where I was working out at (outside the bathroom), but it was alright.

The GymBoss timer kept this workout on track better than my Polar Heartrate monitor as it beeps at the end of each minute with no delays.  And, during cooldown, to help me hold stretches long enough, the GymBoss timer was excellent.  Often I don't hold my stretches long enough, so the GymBoss takes the guesswork out.

Had a greens smoothie after workout:  organic baby spinach, a scoop of greens mix, psyllium husk, water, frozen mango, frozen blueberries, banana, cinnamon, a scoop of Mila, a serving of fat free Greek yogurt

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate