Index Labels

Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde

. . No comments:
I suppose salsa verde really is roasted tomatillo and writing that is probably being redundant.  I really didn't know that salsa verde was roasted tomatillo, so that's for people like me - the title, that is.

My recipe comes from Home Heart with my modifications.  I probably should follow the recipe until I actually know how, but you know how that goes?


The next time I make this, I will double this because this really would be good for 3 to 4 different dishes.  I used this to place over pork in a crockpot and it was so yummy.  If you like it spicier, which we do, I think next time I won't deseed one of the jalapenos and leave all the seeds in.  This was also used in my copycat Chipotle Burrito bowls as a topping.  I can see this in some green chicken enchiladas in the near future.

Servings:  3 cups

Ingredients:
These are tomatillos.  I left some with the skin on.  They look like little green tomatoes.

  • 1 1/2 lb tomatillo, peeled, washed and quartered
  • 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
  • 8 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 2 jalapenos, deseeded (mostly)
  • 1 1/2 Tbspn cumin
  • 1 T sea salt
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 1 roma tomato
  • spray olive oil
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400° F.
  • Prepare tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapenos.
If you like this salsa spicy, leave one jalapeno with all the seeds in it.  
  • Place tomatillos, white onion, garlic, jalapenos on a baking sheet and spray with olive oil.
  • Roast in oven (I used a toaster oven as it's way too hot to turn on the bigger oven if you don't have to) for 30 min.  I crammed everything into one pan and if I had spread it out, then maybe it would've needed to only roast for 20-25 min.
  • Place everything (minus the spray olive oil) into a blender or food processor and pulse until pureed.
  • Cool and refrigerate.
  • Use as a salsa or in other dishes.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate