Index Labels

D's Guacamole

. . No comments:
One of the things I love about the summer (the heat isn't one of them) is the abundance of fresh fruit and veggies, one of them being avocados.  They are in abundance during this time of year, and we almost always have a bunch at home so I can easily whip up a batch of guacamole.


This day, I made a guacamole that had a little more than the normal.  I added fresh sweet corn to it and it was delish!

This recipe comes from Shelly's blog and this is my rendition of it.

Ingredients:


  • 6 large ripe avocados
  • 3 large limes, juiced
  • 2 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 medium red onion, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, partially deseed & chopped
  • 2 ears of corn, shucked
  • 3/4 bunch of cilantro, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbspn cumin
  • ground pepper and sea salt to taste
My ingredients are the same as the Four Seasons recipe, but the quantities are different and I added corn and garlic.  I have a KitchenPlus 2000 that I use to make this, but the tool doesn't work real well if you place all these ingredients in it as it's really hard to turn.

Directions:
I will basically dice the tomatoes, chop the cilantro, and mash the avocados by hand.

The KitchenPlus 2000 has a thing to juice, so I use that attachment.  And it also has a thing where you can shuck your ear of corn there easily.  My son is really good at shucking corn on this.

We through the jalapeno, red onion, and cloves of garlic in there and spin it until everything is finely chopped.  It works well for things like this.  Doing the roma tomatoes was not good as it doesn't chop it really more like purees it.

Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate for an hour or so.  However, sometimes it doesn't make it this far and we just begin eating it.  Yummy.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate