Index Labels

¨Surprise¨ Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers

. . No comments:
The night before Thanksgiving, for the past several years, I´ve really appreciate MT´s hospitality in hosting this time around the campfire at his house and opening up his house to whomever wants to come.  The kids and I always enjoy ourselves, me around the campfire or under his newly remodeled back patio and the kids playing Rock Band indoors.  This year, my beau was here and he got to experience this, too.


The crowd was a lot smaller than in past years, but the weiner roast was a huge hit, as always.  My beau got to roast his first hotdogs over a campfire and make s´mores.  I think I was more excited and looked forward to him knowing what these things are.  He enjoyed his time and as time goes on, he´ll get more used to people and things here in the U.S.

We spent the afternoon, he and I making these little dynamite packs.  We did our best, using double gloved hands (the both of us), to deseed all the jalapenos.  You can get inexpensive gloves at the Dollar Store.  They sell them in packs of 10 gloves.  The doubling of the gloves is necessary, however, if you bought expensive, thicker gloves, you may not need to double up on these.

The surprise in this is that not all the poppers were completely deseeded and you never knew if the one you are biting into is going to be REALLY spicy or not.  To help cool the spiciness down, have some cottage cheese on hand.  If I came upon a hot one, I was take a bite of cottage cheese, which cuts the heat a lot.

Ingredients:
  • 30 fresh bigger jalapenos, halved lengthwise and deseeded with gloves
  • 3-8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 Tablespoon paprika
  • 1 cup pineapple, finely diced
  • 1 1/2 lbs uncooked bacon, cut into one-third pieces laterally
  • 60 toothpicks
Directions:
  • Halve and deseed jalapenos with gloves, making sure to not touch your face at any point of the process when handling the jalapenos.
  • Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, paprika, pineapple in bowl.
  • Stuff each jalapeno half with the mixture.
  • Wrap the 1/3 piece of bacon around the jalapeno and secure with a toothpick.
  • Place jalapeno popper on a parchment lined baking sheet (this makes cleanup easier).
  • Bake at 375 F for 20 to 30 min., until bacon is browned.
  • Serve warm.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate