Index Labels

Bacon Hash & Eggs

. . No comments:
I saw this recipe recently and knew that my beau would like this dish, as well as the kids.  It´s very simple and easy to make, though, does take a little time to cook compared to the normal eggs we make for breakfast.  The potatoes do take awhile to soften as they cook.  This recipe comes from girlichef with my flair, which is really just adding a little spiciness to it.

Note that I am using a ceramic coated cookware that has great heat retention, so depending upon your cookware, you may need to lower or increase the temperature.  I am cooking on an electric stove.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of red potatoes, cubed
  • 1/2 lb of sliced bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
  • 1 tspn sea salt
  • ground pepper
  • 6 eggs, large
Directions:
  • Cook bacon on medium high heat until slightly browned.  Drain 1/2 of the oil and reserve the remainder to pan fry the potatoes in.  I usually save all my bacon grease in jars to be used later in other dishes, as bacon grease does make the food taste so yummy.
  • Add red potatoes and cook for about 5 min. on medium high heat.  Reduce heat to medium low, cover pan and cook for another 20 to 25 min., stirring occasionally.
  • Season with cayenne pepper, salt & pepper.
  • Crack the eggs over the hash in different locations.
  • Cover pan and cook for another 7 to 10 min, until eggs are set the way you like them.  If you like them runnier, cook for less time.  The egg whites should be white,  not clear, when the eggs are cooked.  
  • Note that you can also cook the eggs in a separate pan but I really only wanted this to be a 1 pan dish and not 2 pans.  It worked for me.
  • Enjoy.
  • Note:  To make this Paleo friendly, replace the potatoes with shredded zucchini.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate