Index Labels

Paleo BLT Lettuce Wraps

. . No comments:
This recipe started out using a pita, but as I saw a head of fresh romaine lettuce as well as a head of red leaf lettuce in the frig, and only 5 flat breads left, figured it would be wiser to use the gorgeous head of romaine lettuce rather than introduce more grains into my diet, which ultimately makes me gain bodyfat.

The frig was packed with veggies and fruit and honestly, I didn't know quite exactly what we all had, so thank God that my kids are old enough to say to them to clean out and organize the frig and they do it!  Praise God!

Wraps just before wrapping them
This is an early lunch for us - as swimming makes my kids hungry.  This recipe is very versatile and you really could wrap anything you want in the lettuce wrap.  Be creative!  Oh my goodness!  This is soooo yummilicious!  My kids devoured their wraps, combined with some fresh strawberries.  Love healthy, nutritious eating.

Serves 3

Ingredients:
  • 3 large romaine lettuce leaves
  • 2 romaine tomatoes, sliced thinly
  • 3 heaping Tbpsns cilantro-avocado pesto (you can omit this if you want, but it gives the wraps a kick)
  • 9 pieces bacon, cooked - halves (you'll have 18 pieces)
  • 1 avocado, pitted and sliced thinly
  • 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly
Directions:
  • Lay a lettuce leaf down, snapping off the hardest end part of the leaf.
  • Place the slices of tomatoes down.
  • Top with pesto and spread over tomatoes
  • Top with 3 half slices of bacon
  • Top with avocado slices
There's a green and red thing going on here
  • Top with 3 more half slices of bacon
  • Top with cucumber slices
  • Carefully roll lettuce leaf so you have a wrap.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate