Index Labels

Kale Berry Smoothie

. . No comments:
I made this the other day without taking any pictures OR adding any kale, but today, wanted to replicate the smoothie.  However, my daughter washed part of a bunch of kale and I didn't want her to put it back, so we stuffed it in the Blendtec.

You really can't go wrong in making smoothies unless you put something like a bitter green in (I've done this) - like mustard greens, collards, dandelion greens.  You don't want to use any of those in these types of smoothies.  I don't have any pretty glasses to put my smoothies in as they are all packed away somewhere for when I buy my next home someday in the future.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 cup cherries
  • 3/4 cup blueberries
  • 3 scoops whey protein
  • 1 scoop psyllium husk
  • 3 Tbspns ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 bunch kale
  • 2 cups ice
Directions:
  • Put ingredients into the Blendtec (or Vitamix) blender as listed from water first to ice last.  However, if you have a normal less powerful blender, putting ice in first and then the other ingredients would make more sense.  However, the Cuisinart that I have is a nice one, but it cannot blend ice well and still leaves them in chunks.




  • You can do this smoothie recipe without the ice.
  • This smoothie is very sweet due to the fruit, so there is no need to add any type of other sweetener.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate