Index Labels

Rest Day

. . No comments:
Today is a super exciting and amazing, blessed day!  I don't even know where to begin, so I'll start with the most exciting news of all - a dear friend of mine accepted Jesus as his personal Savior today!  Teh angels were totally singing praises and dancing for joy, as I am doing!  It's been more than 2 yrs since I lead someone to Christ and this is the first time I've done this NOT in person.  Welcome, GV!!!  I'm so excited for you!  Thank you, Jesus!

Other news is that it's my niece's birthday, A!  I think she is either 2 or 3 yrs old.  I can't remember.  What a bad auntie, eh?  I think she's 3 yrs old.  She lives in Vegas and I wish I could give her a big hug and kiss.  We will be calling her shortly.

Got some passes to go to the Desert Botanical Gardens and thinking it was going to be cooler today, we went.  We were there from 10:45 am - 1:30 pm.  Let me tell you, it was HOT!!  When we got there it was 102°.  When we left, it was 108-109° F.  Oh, when we left the house before 10 am, it was under 100° F.  Imagine walking around for nearly 3 hrs in this heat.  Thankfully we found a water hose and used that to spray each other.  I let the 4 kids (my 2 kids and their friends) take turns soaking me.  They all had a lot of fun doing that.

I wore a white shirt and the kids got a little embarrassed (Mom!  We can see your bra!), especially the 12-yr old girls.  Hey, it was really hot and I figured, most people weren't crazy enough to be out there in the heat.  The first 2 hrs we were there, we didn't see any visitors.  I don't blame them.  All the kids had fun, and despite the donuts they ate before, none of the kids were hyper, due to the heat.  In fact, I lasted way better than them.  Thankfully, the gardens had drinking fountains all over the preserves and the water was COLD!

We saw a lot of living creatures, which amazed us as it was so hot.  But, the park ranger said it was probably because there was hardly anyone there.  Guess not that many people were mucho en la cabeza, eh?  LOL.  We saw a nice sized, friendly king snake, lots of different birds, squirrels, rodents, jackrabbits, bees, different types of lizards, and can't remember what else.  First time for seeing a snake there in the years we've gone.

Today was active rest for me.  I am sore, but not incredibly.  I hardly slept last night, basically from 11:15 pm to 2:45 am and 7:00 am to 7:30 am.  Was incredibly tired, but God really gave me energy to do all that walking in the heat.  I think I lost some weight just from sweating so much.

My eating for breakfast and lunch was REALLY bad - Breakfast was 2 apple fritters, Lunch was 2 slices of pepperoni & sausage pizza (equivalent to 1 large slice at Costco) with a Diet Coke.  Dinner will probably consist of just a protein greens smoothie, as it's too hot to really eat anything.  Yes, I know.  CRAP!

Oh, I'm also excited for the huge bag of organic greens my friend KP and her husband gave me a couple days ago when they returned from Kingman.  It's a HUGE bag.  They also got some gorgeous plums, fresh apricot jam and some other veggies.  Sooooo yum!

The front A/C vents in my car aren't working, but it wasn't too hot in the car, which I praise God for as the Gardens are far from where I live.

My daughter will be going to a new school this coming year and I finished filling out some stuff that I needed to and mailed everything out.

What a great day this is.  Tomorrow is grocery shopping, library, karate, and my next workout!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate