Index Labels

Back At It Again

. . No comments:
I can't say I'm 100% back in right now.  I was supposed to workout all June, but I only did 1 formal workout.  This month, I will do better.

Today I got 1 workout done and really wasn't going to make it as I had some big time trigger points in my neck/head that gave me an awful headache.  Plus, I didn't sleep too great and very much last night.  To get rid of the headache I drank a bunch of water, as I may have been a bit dehydrated.  It's the week before THAT time for me.  The house is hot.  Took 2 Alleve's (hate taking anything but the headache was really bad).  Worked on trigger points at the base of my skull, the left side.  Iced down my neck 2-3 times for 20 min. each time (or longer).

Finally after all morning and most of the afternoon, it's now gone.  Also took a 1.5 hr nap.  Slept on the ice pack with it on my neck & head area with the fan on high blowing on me.  Feel much more rested.

Asked a friend of mine who runs to keep me accountable.  He texted me this morning to tell me that he did his run early in the morning.  How could I renig on the FIRST day?  My kids got to go to a girlfriend's house and hang with her kids, so that gave me time at home alone to workout.  Yes, the house was hot, but I told myself it was less hot at 7:30 pm than it was at 3:00 pm.

Here is what I did tonight, but just 1 round.  It is one of Zuzka Light's workouts.  In June I did the first one.  So, today I do #2.  My shoulders didn't feel quite right doing these and since I haven't worked out in a month, I decided to not push it, though, I probably could've altered this, but too late.  I'm done.

Here is what I did (1 round).
  • Manmakers (renegade row to standing DB press) x 10 lbs x 5 reps
  • Low Burpee Hops x 20 reps
  • Twisted Pushups x 10 reps total
  • Competition Situps x 25 reps

Heartrates
Warmup:  Time = 3:25, Max HR = 132 bpm, Avg HR = 124 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 7:10,Max HR = 147 bpm, Avg HR = 136 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 6:18, Max HR = 138 bpm, Avg HR = 126 bpm

Total Time:  16:53
Calories Burned:  234
Max HR:  147 bpm
Avg HR:  129 bpm

Zone 1 = 6:18, Zone 2 = 1:40, Zone 3 = 3:02, Zone 4 = 0:46


Notes:  I need to get my eating back on par, as well as get back into a more normal sleep schedule.  My BP was high this morning because of the headache, like 150/90 but by late afternoon after I woke up from my nap it was 128/77, 58 bpm.  My heartrates upon waking are in the high 50s/low 60s, but my BPs need to get back to the 115/70 range or lower.  This will come with the sleep getting back to something good and consistent, as well as dropping grains and starches from my diet.

I'm going to see how it goes with reducing my supplements and see how my body performs.  If not, I'll have to put the supplements back.  Just looking for ways to cut costs.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate