Index Labels

My Daughter's Birthday

. . No comments:
Today my daughter turns 12 yrs old.  It's hard to believe that she is that old, as it doesn't seem like too long ago she was in my arms as an infant.  Now, makeup, girlfriends, sleepovers, time away from me.  Wow!  Her BFF wasn't able to be here as she's in England, but she has some other great friends too to hang out with lately.  Thankfully one of them lives close by for part of this summer and they've been having a blast.

Last night she had a friend from church sleep over and spend yesterday and today with us.  Then, they overlapped and went over to a different friend's this afternoon where I made dinner for all of us and cupcakes to celebrate my little girl who is growing up so very fast.  Tonight my daughter will spend the night at her other friend's that she's spent the night probably 2-3 times last week.

Wow!  Thankfully my son can join in too as the step brother of her friend is there and it works out great.  I get a little time to myself as the kids have fun.  So thankful for this time, for friendships.

Physically I don't feel that great.  Feeling a bit scattered in my head and I know it's hormonal.  I'm going to need to make some changes again as nearly half the month I don't feel that great and half the month I'm fine.  Ugggh.  Maybe tomorrow I can get a workout done and feel better?  I don't know.

Today I made Strawberry Banana Cupcakes with a Whipped Cream Frosting.  It was a challenge to heat up the oven.  Ugggh, but it was worth it for my little girl.  For dinner I made a coconut marinara chicken served over turmeric rice.  The chicken (thighs and drumsticks) cooked in the crockpot all day and was very tender.  It was enough to feed 8 people and there was enough to feed maybe another 2-3 more people.  Nice little very informal dinner party.

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Daughter!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate