Index Labels

Midsummer Pulled Pork w/Potato & Chayote Tacos

. . No comments:
This is a recipe that just really evolved out of desperation and just not being happy with using someone else's recipe.  I did look up a number of recipes that I wanted to try, but none of them seemed to fit the mood I was in.  This recipe started about 6 pm Friday night and wasn't complete until about 5 pm the following day. It's a super easy recipe and so incredibly delicious.  Praise my wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ!

The reason why this is called Midsummer Tacos is because this was a Swedish Midsummer Party (that's my American interpretation of this).  There is nothing midsummer, nor Swedish about this recipe, but it works for me.
The pork is so tender and delicious - love my crockpot

This recipe is going to be modified to cook in 6-8 hrs, instead of the 20 hrs it took me.  It'll be just as good.

To make these paleo friendly, you could replace the red potatoes with sweet potatoes.  Instead of a corn tortilla, use lettuce leafs.

Makes a gazillion tacos.  Really, it probably makes 3-4 dozen hefty tacos.

Ingredients:
  • 4 lbs of lean pork (I used two 2-lb pork shoulder roasts).
  • 2 Tbspns curry
  • 2 Tbspns cumin
  • 1 1/2 Tbspn coriander, ground
  • 2 Tbspns turmeric
  • 2 Tbspns garlic powder
  • 2 Tbspns sea salt
  • 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 lb of red potatoes, diced
  • 1 chayote, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 14 oz can of coconut milk
  • 1 bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
Directions:
  • Place pork in the crockpot.
  • Sprinkle pork with the spices.  
  • Add broth.
  • Turn crockpot on high for 3 hrs.  Most of broth should be gone.
  • Shred pork in the crockpot.
  • Add potatoes, chayote, onion. 
  • Pour coconut milk over everything.
That's diced chayote on top - this was before pouring the coconut milk over it
  • Reduce crockpot heat to low for 3 hrs.  Potatoes & chayote should be tender by this time.
  • Add cilantro.
  • Serve on corn tortillas with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.  Enjoy!
These are so good that my 8-yr old had 3 for dinner tonight
Yummy mozzarella

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate