Index Labels

American Chinese Sausage Melange

. . No comments:
There are some dishes where I have no clue what to call them, so I'll resort to them being American - Chinese dishes, as I'm both an American and Chinese.

This is an easy dish and you can really use anything from rice, quinoa, risotta, cauli-rice to make this dish.



Makes 10 hearty servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb beef kielbasa sausage cut into chunks
  • 1 eggplant, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 Mexican squash, diced
  • 1 ear corn
  • 2 Tbspn bacon grease or olive oil (not extra virgin olive oil)
  • sea salt
  • brown rice
  • water
  • 2 Tbspns turmeric
  • 1/2 tspn cayenne pepper
Directions:
  • Put uncooked brown rice with water.  Add turmeric & cayenne pepper.
  • Cook rice as per my Perfect Rice instructions, that is, if you have a rice cooker.  
  • In a large skillet, heat up the bacon grease on medium high heat.
  • Add the diced eggplant and generously sprinkle with sea salt.  Cook for 2-3 min.
  • Add the onion and the Mexican squash.  Sprinkle the squash with a little more sea salt.  Sometimes this squash is better and the salt helps tame this down some.  Cook for another 2-3 min. on the medium high heat.
  • Add kielbasa and cook for another 5 min.
  • Add the corn.
  • Mix well.  
  • Sprinkle with ground pepper.
  • Reduce heat to medium-low.  Cover.  Cook until rice is done.
  • Add rice to the melange of sausage and veggies.  Mix well.
  • Serve.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate