Index Labels

Neopolitan Nut Crunch Smoothie

. . No comments:
I rarely will post a smoothie recipe as every recipe is different that I make and really depends upon the ingredients.  This is the part of the month that I am feeling ravenous and need my chocolate, but I definitely don't want excess sugar.  I'm not very concerned with having more fat in my diet, as it seems like when I do eat more good fats, it's much easier to release weight.  However, sugar is a component that really wreaks havoc on my health and the ability to release bodyfat.

This smoothie recipe tastes like Neopolitan Ice Cream with Nuttiness.  Yummy, but you don't get high fat OR high sugar.  This is my healthy version of it.

For all my smoothies, I use a Blendtec Blender.  You can use the VitaMix if you have that or some other high powered blender.  What you want is to be able to crush the ice.

Unfortunately, I thought this would be one of my more ordinary smoothies, and I failed to take any pictures.  But, this is really a super delicious smoothie that you MUST try.  All the sugars in this are natural, not refined.  With the cinnamon, nuts and whey protein, you're offsetting the affects of the natural sugars.

Serves 5 cups

Ingredients (Put in this order):
  • Water
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup blueberries (frozen)
  • 2 cups strawberries (frozen)
  • 4 scoops whey protein (protein)
  • 1/3 cup ground flaxseed (fiber)
  • 2 Tbspns cinnamon (helps with sugar control)
  • 2 heaping Tbspns unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbspns maple syrup
  • 3 cups ice
  • Handful raw almonds (don't put this in until later)
Directions:
  • Put all ingredients in the order listed from top to bottom (water first), minus the almonds.
  • Blend until very smooth (I used the "Milkshake" setting on the Blendtec).
  • Add raw almonds.
  • Pulse for a few seconds.
  • Pour into glasses/cups and serve immediately.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate