Index Labels

Scrumptious Tuna Salad

. . No comments:
This is a tuna salad that my husband and kids love.  It's easy to make and is very versatile.  You can eat it over lettuce or in a sandwich, make a panini or a tuna melt out of it.  The ingredients and options are endless.  I love red onions in this, but didn't have any.  Green onions also are very tasty for this.  Hard boiled eggs would be great, too, but I didn't have any made up.

This salad I love for it to have lots of color and flavor.  The pickles give it a salty taste.  Avocados give it a creamy texture and if you don't want to add mayo, you don't need it.  The oil in the tuna gives it lots of flavor.  Tomatoes neutralize all the flavors.  The cheese adds a bit more salty flavor, but also a creaminess.


Serves 5

Ingredients:
  • 5 cans 5 oz tuna (preferably in oil, but you can use any tuna you want)
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced
  • 1 large firm beef steak tomato (or any tomatoes you want in small chunks)
  • 3 small avocados (or 2 medium ones), cubed
  • 3 Tbspn mayo
  • 2-3 full sized Claussen dill pickles (or the equivalent), chopped
  • sea salt & ground lemon pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
Directions:
  • Put the tuna in a large glass or stainless steel bowl.  If there is too much oil, drain the oil.
a little too much oil - needs to be drained somewhat of the oil

  •  Mix all ingredients together.

Avocados & Tomato
Tuna, Green Onions, Avocado, Tomato atop, Claussen pickles on the bottom
Everything except the Mayo
  • Serve in a sandwich, panini, on top of greens or just eat it plain.  Be creative.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate