Index Labels

Sausage, Bacon, Spinach Spaghetti Bake

. . No comments:
This dish is a spin off of another dish I made last week called "Cheesy Tortellini Spinach, Sausage, & Bacon Casserole".  I didn't have any tortellini, so I used spaghetti instead.  This is not a low-carb dish, has plenty of fat & flavor.
Ingredients:
  • 16 oz package dried spaghetti (you can really use any pasta and if you're gluten free, use a rice pasta)
  • 1 1/2 lb kielbasa sausage, cut into medium chunks
  • 1/2 lb maple bacon, diced
  • 1 large yellow onion, diced
  • 5-7 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and roots cut out
  • 3 Tbspns flour (or coconut flour)
  • 2-3 cups 2% milk (or you can use goat's milk, almond milk, coconut milk here)
  • sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
Directions:
  • Cook spaghetti according to directions on package.  Once cooked, drain and put in a large stainless steel (or glass) bowl.
  • Cook bacon until it's half cooked on medium high heat.
  • Add kielbasa to bacon and cook until sausage is browned.  Don't overly stir, as my husband likes it fairly browned.
  • Add onions & garlic.  Cook for another 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent.
  • Using a slotted spoon, take meat & veggies mixture out and into the same bowl with the cooked spaghetti.
I put this in a pan first.  I really should've put it in my large stainless bowl.
  • Preheat oven to 375° F.
  • If there is a lot of bacon grease, remove some of it to your reserve bacon grease jar (I keep bacon grease in glass jars in the frig for when I want to use bacon grease or have that bacon flavor in my foods.  Far better than buying lard at the store.).
  • Add the flour to the remaining grease in the skillet.  Stir.  It should be forming a thick paste.
  • Gradually add the milk and keep stirring.  If it's too clumpy, add more milk until it's the thick, liquidy consistency that you can pour.
  • Season with salt & pepper.
  • Add chopped fresh spinach to the sauce, stirring occasionally.  A large bunch of spinach will wilt almost to very little spinach.
  • Pour over spaghetti & meat mixture.
  • Using tongs or a pasta utensil, mix all the ingredients well, but not overly mixed as to break up the noodles.
  • Put in a 13x9 casserole dish.  
  • Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
  • Bake for 20 min.
  • Remove from oven and if you'd like, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (I didn't have any and just left it out).

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate