Index Labels

Workout - Thurs, 20-Oct-2011 (1 Min. Workouts)

. . No comments:
I really didn't feel like walking today or doing anything, rather just going back home to sleep.  Went to bed late again and was sleep deprived.  However, I committed to a dear and close friend that I was going to do some 1-min. workouts at least 3x/wk.  That's only 12 min. of workouts and commit to walking 3x/week, also.

Back in May when my stress levels were through the roof and I couldn't focus on even planned workouts, Scott Colby recommended that I do 1-min. workouts 3-4x/day.  It would be little spikes in my metabolism throughout the day.

Anyway, yesterday I decided enough of this.  I am where I am because of the choices I've made.  I can make good choices every day.  Though I got up a little late, I decided to dress in my walking clothes and wore shoes that would allow me to do some workout stuff.

Thus, after dropping the kids off at school, I set out for the park.  I didn't have a real plan other than walk and I would get in 3-4 one-min workouts in between.  Had my heartrate monitor on and off I went, walking.  At the first canopy, I decided to do a one min. workout of bodyweight squats.  It's been awhile since I used my GymBoss timer that I thought it didn't work due to the battery.  It turned out that I had forgotten how to turn the thing on!!!  Isn't that sad?

Here is my workout for today:
  • 6:21 Walk (Max Heartrate = 103 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 95 bpm)
  • BW Squats = 34 reps (Max Heartrate = 105 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 96 bpm)
  • 6:00 Walk (Max Heartrate = 114 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 109 bpm)
  • Alternating Reverse Lunge = 26 reps (Max Heartrate = 111 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 107 bpm)
  • 6:00 Walk (Max Heartrate = 117 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 113 bpm)
  • Pushups = 48 reps (Max Heartrate = 112 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 108 bpm)
  • 5:00 Walk (Max Heartrate = 111 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 108 bpm)
  • Elevated Alternating Static Forward Lunge = 22 reps (Max Heartrate = 110 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 109 bpm)
  • 2:30 Walk (Max Heartrate = 117 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 112 bpm)
  • Jumping Jacks = 70 reps (Max Heartrate = 123 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 112 bpm)
  • 3:00 Walk (Max Heartrate = 125 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 119 bpm)
  • Skater Hops = 44 reps (Max Heartrate = 130 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 122 bpm)
  • 8:00 Walk (Max Heartrate = 132 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 115 bpm)
  • Alternating High Knees = 160 reps (Max Heartrate = 129 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 118 bpm)
  • 3:00 Walk (Max Heartrate = 130 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 122 bpm)
  • Alternating High Leg Toe Touches = 42 reps (Max Heartrate = 130 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 126 bpm)
  • 4:00 Walk (Max Heartrate = 127 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 122 bpm)
  • Burpees = 12 reps (Max Heartrate = 140 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 129 bpm)
  • 3:30 Walk (Max Heartrate = 142 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 124 bpm)
  • 4:30 Full Body Stretching (Max Heartrate = 142 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 112 bpm)
This is a form of interval training, but something I made up.  It would've been better had I kept maybe the walks to 2:00 minutes, but every 1-min. workout was done under one of the many canopies of the park.  I think for a starting workout, this was a lot more than was planned, which I only planned to do 3-4 one-min. workouts.  Did 9 of them, which is a lot more.  Felt good, so I kept going. 

Right now, I don't want to get all strict and this gives me variety and fun.  Apparently some people notice when I'm not at the park as much.  Glad to be missed and that people notice when I'm not getting my exercise in.

Thank you, God!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate