Index Labels

Savory Bacon, Honey & Cheese Waffles

. . No comments:
I bought a waffle maker, though I have one packed in some box somewhere, from Goodwill on a 50% Friday, which cost me about $2.  What a deal.  It works great.

The other day I made blueberry waffles, which were good, but I wasn't quite in the mood for blueberries and wanted something heartier.  My husband gets tired of eating eggs and asked a couple weeks ago if we could periodically eat other things for breakfast other than scrambled eggs with stuff.  So, I said alright.

We've made pancakes, waffles, French toast, breakfast burritos and croissant sandwiches so far.  He used to every morning eat empanadas, so I will be learning how to make these, but those require much more work.  Anyway, these waffles are something I came up on the spur off the moment with what we had in the frig.  Forgot to take pictures, but I will be making this one again sometime very soon and remember to take pics.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Bisquick (I will be making healthier versions, but this is what I had)
  • 1.5 cups room temperature water
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 lb bacon diced and cooked to partially crisp, reserve fat and put in a jar to be used for other dishes
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup raw honey
  • Spray olive oil.
Directions:
  • Heat waffle iron.
  • Mix Bisquick, water and egg together until smooth with a fork.  This should be medium thick such that you can pour this, but is not runny.
  • Add cooked bacon, cheese and honey and mix until evenly distributed.
  • Spray the top and bottom of the waffle griddle with olive oil.
  • Depending on your waffle iron, fill the majority of the space with the mixture.  If you fill it all the way full, it will overflow.  
  • Close waffle iron lid.
  • Cook for about 3.5 min.  (Some waffle irons have a light that tells you when it's done cooking.  This light will go off.  It's done cooking.)
  • Remove waffles to plate.  You may serve with butter & syrup, but these waffles are both salty, sweet, and rich, which I did not need any syrup whatsoever.  They are very hearty and filling.  

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate