Index Labels

Wk 2, Day 2 - Tues, 11-Jan-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL:  Get to bed before midnight.

SLEEP RECEIVED:  1:00 am - 7:00 am (6 hrs) ---> I missed my bedtime by 2.5 hrs.  Hopefully by the end of the week I'll do better with this.

Nap:  1:15 pm - 2 pm (0.75 hr) ----> didn't get enough sleep last night; had a weird gross bathroom dream; think God is speaking to me on some things.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 102 oz):
Drank 22 oz by 9:30 am 
Drank 22 oz by 12:00 pm
Drank 11 oz by 12:30 pm
Drank 22 oz by 3:00 pm
Drank 22 oz by 4:00 pm
Drank 11 oz by 7:30 pm
Drank 11 oz by 9:00 pm

FOODS EATENP+C Day
Meal 1 (9:15 am):  2 Prograde krill (EFA) capsules, 8 Priority One Women's Formula capsules, 3 eggs over medium, 2 tblspns artichoke hummus, 1 tbspn olive oil

Shelled Turkey & Spinach
Meal 2 (12:00 pm):  2 cups organic whole wheat shells with turkey & spinach, seasonings; turnip cake (homemade)

-------> This was really healthy tasting.  Needed even more seasonings.  I made this a few days ago for the kids and they didn't want anymore.  I normally use beef and some other seasonings, and I can see why they didn't want more.  Not as tasty.  There was 3 cups left and I just didn't want to waste, so I finished it off.  Had to add a little sea salt.   With water, this was really, really filling.  Feeling tired right now.

Homemade Turnip Cake
------> My dad made Chinese turnip cake and wanted me to try some.  It's made with Chinese turnips, rice flour, dried shrimp and water.  It's baked instead of panfried.  It tastes pretty good. 

This is a dish that's often in Dim Sum, which is a Chinese brunch served at only certain restaurants.  The foods tend to be really fattening, ladened with lots of oil, soy, lots of processed complex carbs.  I always feel super sleepy after eating these foods at restaurants.  This was a much healthier version, but didn't taste quite as good since it didn't have all the oil & salt, but better for you.

Meal 3 (3:35 pm):  Greens smoothie - 3 cups swiss chard, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 serving mango, 1/3 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 2 tspsns ground flaxseed, 2 scoops Prograde vanilla workout powder, 1 oz raw almonds, cold water 

----> Had this right after jump roping intervals instead of waiting until after cooldown/stretch/trigger points

Meal 4 (6:30 pm):  2 cup baby spinach, 4 oz pork roast, 5 cherry tomatoes, some cucumber slices, 1 oz crumbled blue cheese

----> No dressing was used as the blue cheese and pork gave it a lot of flavor.  I have enough pork to last for 2-3 more salads.  This started to feel filling but I was still hungry afterwards. 


1/2 cup brown rice with edame, tofu, corn, peas  ---> I wouldn't normally supposed to be eating this in the evening, but I was still pretty hungry.




Meal 5 (8:30 pm):  2 pieces of Chinese turnip cake 

----> Was still hungry when I got back from Single Mom's Life Group.  I'm not sure why I'm so hungry.  I so wanted to eat some brownies, but avoided them as if I eat them, have to pu them in my food journal.

There is some complex carbs stuff as there is rice flour in these turnip cakes.  No oil used.  They are still very yummy and addicting for me.

--------------------------------

EXERCISE:  2:35 pm - 4:10 pm

Warmup (2 rounds):  3:18
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom Workout w/Zuzana Light


Equipment Used:  GymBoss Interval Timer, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200, Pullup Bar, Workout Gloves, Paper & Pencil

Cherry Boom Boom Workout (4 Rounds):
- Mountain Climber Springs for 50 sec x 10 sec rest:  Reps = 101, 98, 87, 79
- Single Leg Raises on Pullup Bar for 50 sec x 10 sec rest:  Reps = 23, 20, 20, 20
- Mountain Climber Springs for 50 sec x 10 sec rest:  Reps = 95, 102, 88, 86
- DB (12 lbs) Squat to Front Kick for 50 sec x 10 sec rest:  Reps = 26, 25, 26, 25
- Mountain Climber Springs for 50 sec x 10 sec rest:  Reps = 99, 87, 75, 70
Knee Raises on Pullup Bar for 50 sec x 10 sec rest:  Reps = 17, 20, 17, 19

Heartrates Per Combo:
Round 1:  Max Heartrate = 138 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 128 bpm
Round 2:  Max Heartrate = 148 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 136 bpm
Round 3:  Max Heartrate = 152 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 142 bpm
Round 4:  Max Heartrate = 157 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 147 bpm

Total Time:    27:27 (includes warmup)
Calories Burned:  380
Max Heartrate:  157 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  137 bpm

Zone 1 = 4:54, Zone 2 = 6:50, Zone 3 = 7:03, Zone 4 = 5:38, Zone 5 =

Note:  The mountain climber sprints weren't as bad as I originally thought.  The hardest things were the leg raises and the knee raises.  My upper body isn't really strong and hanging there with all my weight and lifting my legs was soooo challenging.  I had to repeatedly stop every single time.  The mountain climbers were much better.  I was going to use a DB for the squats, but decided that BW was enough for me.

Good workout.  Sweating is pouring from my body.  I can just feel and see the fat melting off.  Scott Colby's workouts really prepared me to do these workouts.  Now for jump rope intervals.

Cardio Time:  20 min. of Jump Rope Intervals 50:10

Equipment Used:  Jump rope, GymBoss Interval Timer, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200, Paper & Pencil

Jump Rope Interval Circuit (4 Rounds)
- Feet Together Jump for 50 sec x 10 sec rest  ---> Reps:  46, 46, 39, 41
Jumping Jack for 50 sec x 10 sec rest ---> Reps:  42, 30, 38, 20
- Alternating Single Foot for 50 sec x 10 sec rest  ---> Reps:  21, 28, 29, 21
- Shake Your Booty for 50 sec x 10 sec rest  ---> Reps:  24, 14, 19, 25
- High Knee for 50 sec x 10 sec rest  ---> Reps:  30, 24, 20, 26
 
Heartrates Per Round:
Round 1:  Max Heartrate = 152 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 142 bpm
Round 2:  Max Heartrate = 152 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 145 bpm
Round 3:  Max Heartrate = 153 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 148 bpm
Round 4:  Max Heartrate = 153 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 150 bpm

Total Time:  20:07
Calories Burned:  314
Max Heartrate: 153 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  146 bpm

Zone 1 = 0:38, Zone 2 = 0:44, Zone 3 = 7:40, Zone 4 = 11:06

NotesI incorporated the swing into jump roping entry I learned on YouTube today.  Also learned some new foot patterns on YouTube.  The Half Twist I couldn't do, which was what I wrote down to do and didn't have time in the middle of jump roping to look it up again, so that turned into a Shake Your Booty move.  Sort of funny.

I had even less rest time of just a few minutes before starting jump roping.  With all the Mountain Climbers I did today, my calves were tired before beginning jump roping and that first round with long intervals were challenging.  I almost gave up the first round, but kept literally praying and asking God to carry me through every repetition.  He did.  Thank you Papa!!!  God is so good to even care about this mommy's jump rope repetitions.  He totally rocks!!

I was feeling some pain in both my outer ankles, so I need to really work on the trigger points there today.  Will do that after I make a greens smoothie.  Instead of waiting until after my cooldown/stretching/trigger points, I'm going to nourish my body because there is usually a 30 min. time after I stop all the intense workout stuff to making the smoothie.

My knees aren't feeling so great and the knee cap areas are hurting.  It could be that not only am I working those areas, but working so hard on trigger points & releasing the tightening muscles.

Trigger Point/Stretching:  20 min.

Equipment Used:  Foam Roller, Gigantic Massage Ball, small step, wooden foot massage

Foam Roller on:  Back, Hamstrings, Shins, Calves, Quads (lots of quad work).

Gigantic Massage Ball:  Psoas, IT Bands, Lower Quads, the area between Quads & IT bands (this was incredibly painful and after working on this area, my knees felt significantly better)

Small Step/Wood Foot Massager:  Calves (lower calves were painful and tight from the mountain climbers & jump roping).

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive