Index Labels

Wk 1, Day 5 - Fri, 7-Jan-2011

. . No comments:
SMARTER GOAL - Consume enough calories on my Reward Day.  As I've said in prior posts, my maintenance calories are about 2600-2800.  On Reward Days I want to be 500 calories more, so about 3200 calories.  That's about 640 calories if I broke it up over 5 meals.

When I'm disciplined with the days before Reward Day keeping my caloric deficit in the 1,000 range, give or take 100 usually, to increase by another 1500 calories gets to be challenging.  Yes, I know I could still eat all the same meals and add an extra meal of like a loaded chimichanga and chips/salsa. 

I have no cravings for any unhealthy foods.  My cravings seem to cycle with my menstrual cycle.  Last weekend I craved chocolate and lots of dairy.  Now I'm just wanting veggies.  However, I don't feel like cooking, so sometimes just because I don't want to do much preparation, it's easiest to assemble something that has been nearly made.

SLEEP RECEIVED:  1:15 am - 7:00 am (5.75 hrs)  ---->  I was busy with stuff.  My ideal sleeping time is to get to bed & asleep by 10:30 am and to wake up 6-6:30 am.  As you can see, I'm very far from the mark this week.  So, my sleep hygiene needs improvement and probably should be a goal of mine to get to bed on time. 

I feel alright this morning.  My blood pressure upon waking was 137/76.  Yesterday's BP was much better but as the morning went on, the headache issue I was facing worsened until I did trigger points on my upper back/head/neck areas and took a nap.  That helped immensely.  All of those areas that I worked on are super sore this morning, particularly my upper neck in upper sternocleidomastoid.

WATER CONSUMED (Goal is 105 oz);
Drank 22 oz by 9:30 am
Drank 22 oz by 11:30 am (44 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 2:15 pm (66 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 6:00 pm (88 oz total)
Drank 22 oz by 8:30 pm (110 oz total)

Regularly peeing throughout the day.  It's at a right pace.  When I started drinking more water again in October, the first couple weeks it was a challenge as it seemed like I was always peeing.  Now it's only taking a couple days or so for my body to get into the rhythm of it.

FOODS EATEN:  P+C+R Day
Meal 1 (8:45 am):  2 Prograde krill (EFA) capsules, 8 Priority One Women's Formula capsules, 3 eggs scrambled (225 calories, 19 g protein, 1 tblspn olive oil (120 calories), 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (120 calories, 7 g protein) [465 calories, 26 g protein] 

----> Learned never put the krill capsules next to hot or warm foods.  If they melt a little, they melt into the food and that taste is YUCK!  I could not drink the krill oil and am glad I can swallow the capsules whole without breaking them.  Good stuff for your body, but nasty tasting. 

----> A quarter cup cheese is too much for this dish and 1/8 cup would've served me better.  Normally I can quickly eat this, but with that much cheese, it took me about 1/2 hr to eat it.  Tasted very cheesy and wasn't really in the mood to eat THAT much cheese.  Maybe I should've put a blue cheese or something.  What I was actually craving was a couple thin slices of tomatoes over my eggs with spinach in my scrambled eggs.  Didn't have any beef steak tomatoes and didn't want the heirloom in them.  Also, didn't think to add the spinach until after I cooked the eggs.  The cheese and the olive oil made this dish very greasy.  Ugggh.

Meal 2 (11:15 am):  1 slice lighter homemade gooey cake (279 calories, 4 g protein, 28 g sugar), 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (140 calories, 2 g protein, 14 g sugar) [419 calories, 6 g protein, 49 g sugar]  

----> used a huge coffee mug or it could be a soup mug.  This dessert doesn't look that big in the mug and it isn't for that many calories & sugar.  My gosh.  My salads typically (as long as I don't put any creamy dressing or oil) are typically under this desserts calories, more protein & way, way less sugar.  The quality of food for my salad is many times more than this, taking up a regular sized dinner plate.

----> I can really see that if you did something like this every other day or every day, how this could really be detrimental to your health.  Excessive sugar, low protein, high calories.  Not a posterboard for nutrition.  The ice cream is just a plain store bought vanilla.  The cake I used an organic cake mix, but it was not gluten free.  Used lowerfat cream cheese, less butter.  But, still the cake is pretty unhealthy.

----> Anyway, this dessert was REALLY sinfully delicious, though and I enjoyed every bite of it.  Something I heard Scott Colby and Isabel De Los Rios say was that if you're going to consume this much sugar or the complex carbs, do it before a workout and right afterwards because that's when you're body is most receptive to burning off those sugars instead of storing them as fat.  Also, it's better to eat your complex carbs earlier in the day.

As I'm eating, I do my best to keep these things in mind.  If I'm going to mess up, do it around a grueling workout.  I imagine that if I eat this later in the evening how that just stores itself in my body as fat, thus, making me less apt to eat it.  Who wants to imagine fat accumulating on your body?

Meal 3 (2:45 pm):  Greens Smoothie - 3 cups swiss chard (21 calories, 3  g protein), 2/3 cup strawberries (50 calories, 1 g protein, 5 g sugar), 2 scoops vanilla Prograde Workout powder (200 calories, 22 g sugar, 14 g protein), cold water, 1/4 cup raw almonds (210 calories, 7 g protein, 1 g sugar), 1/2 cup blueberries (35 calories, 6 g sugar 0.5 g protein), 1 banana (105 calories, 14.4 g sugar, 1.2 g protein), 1 serving mango (90 calories, 13 g sugar, 2 g protein), 2 teaspoons psyllium husk (12 g fiber) [711 calories, 28.7 g protein, 61.5 g sugar

-----> This is a lot of smoothie.  I added more mango and almonds than I would normally.  Thought I had kale, but I didn't.  But, there was swiss chard.  That works.  Need to buy some more psyllium husk.  A canister lasts me about 3-4 months for about $10 at Nature's Health Colon Cleanse Orange 12oz.  They are local to me in Chandler, a family owned business and have been around for years.  Been going there for many years and those guys are excellent.

Meal 4 (5:45 pm):  12 baked chicken mini tacos (570 calories, 30 g protein, 3 g sugar), 4 mini vegetarian eggrolls baked (213 calories, 4 g protein, 3 g sugar) [784 calories, 34 g protein, 6 g sugar] 

---> Forgot to take nuts with me when I went to pick up the kids, get my daughter's ears pierced, and time outside to play.  So, I had to nix that eating time.  Not sure if I can really consume THAT many calories now as it's so late in the day.  Not even sure I can eat the next meal.

---> This is a lot of calories for one meal.  Although not as bad as the dessert because it's less sugar and these were baked (they probably were fried before) and quantitywise, it's a lot more.  However, if I had a near 800 calorie salad, that would be HUGE.

----> Eating 300-500 calories at my main meals causes me to typically be hungry 3 hrs later.  Having more calories than that, I'm just not all that hungry.  At this point, not sure if I can really eat another meal today and eating at 8 pm is a bit late.  I'm maybe 700 calories from my goal for today.  A bit too far of a gap.


TOTAL CALORIES:   2379 calories (I just can't eat anymore food.)

TOTAL PROTEIN:  94.7 g 

TOTAL SUGARS:  116.5 g

------------------------------------------

EXERCISE:  1:44 pm - 2:39 pm

Warmup:  2:59
- Pushups x 8
- Squats x 12
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20


Bond Girl Workout:


Equipment I Used:  Lineline JungleGym (I don't have a dip bar), Yoga Mat, GymBoss Interval Timer, Jump Rope, Polar Heartrate Monitor RS200

Set A:
- Skip With Left Foot for 50 sec x 10 sec rest ----> reps = 63, 54; Skipping on one foot is really challenging.  I'm not all that great with jump roping and doing it on one foot is even worse.  Notice some balance issues.
- Rollover Commando Pushups for 50 sec x 10 sec rest ----> reps = 8, 6; These felt good at first, but as I started to get tired, these became harder.  Going to the ground and coming back up in straight form as I got tired also was much more challenging.  Cool exercise, though.
- Skip With Right Foot for 50 sec x 10 sec rest ----> reps = 50, 43; Was tired by the time I got to this and couldn't do as many hear.
- Rollover Commando Pushups for 50 sec x 10 sec rest ----> reps = 5, 5; As you can tell, I started to poop out.

Set B:
- Low Jump Rope Jack for 50 sec x 10 sec rest  ----> reps = 61, 70; No issues, but I thought I could do more reps.  Guess not.
- BW Row (Almost Parallel to Ground) Wide Grip w/Kickup for 50 sec x 10 sec rest ----> reps = 19, 15; Wished I had a dip bar, but my JungleGym is good.  This is a fun exercise and helps create instability, therefore using your core more to balance.
- Low Jump Rope Jack for 50 sec x 10 sec rest ----> reps = 54, 60
- BW Row (Almost Parallel to Ground) Wide Grip w/Kickup for 50 sec x 10 sec rest  ----> reps = 20, 16; Last round was the most challenging.  Tired. 

Repeat Set A & Set B in same sequence.

Rest Between Sets:
R1 = 0:28, R2 = 0:48, R3 = 0:33

Heartrates Per Set:
Set A, 1st time:  Max Heartrate = 148 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 140 bpm
Set B, 1st time:  Max Heartrate = 150 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 144 bpm
Set A, 2nd time:  Max Heartrate = 156 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 147 bpm
Set B, 2nd time:  Max Heartrate = 157 bpm, Avg Heartrate = 153 bpm

Total Time:  21:11  (includes warmup)
Calories Burned:  360
Max Heartrate:  157 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  145 bpm

Zone 1 = 1:28, Zone 2 = 1:54, Zone 3 = 7:34, Zone 4 = 0:32 

Notes:  I have not done 50:10 before.  Not sure if this is still called Tabatas or a variation on the time.  Going for 50 sec is WAY harder for now than going for 20 sec.  Both only have 10 sec rest.  I wanted to rest more, but since I'm used to the GymBoss Timer, I knew there was no cheating on time.  This was a good, fun workout.

I'm actually a little more sore from Wednesday's workout than I was yesterday.  It's a good sore.

Cardio Only:  Jump Rope
Start Time:  2:19 pm
Total Time:  3:10
Calories Burned:  44
Max Heartrate:  141 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  136 bpm

Zone 1 = 0:38, Zone 2 = 1:38, Zone 3 = 0:54

Notes:  Honestly, I have no idea how anyone jump ropes for 20 min. straight.  I don't really think I'm THAT out-of-shape, but after attempting to jump rope for 5 min. and not being able to do it for 5 min., I'm thinking this is pretty pathetic.  Well, at least I have something to work up from.  Can't imagine if I was starting where I started in September.  Would I even get 15 sec in?

Also, I rested after Zuzana's Bond Girl Workout enough to record my results in this blog.  That was about 10+ min.

Cooldown:  I used the foam roller on my back, shins (this was painful), calves, IT bands, quads.  Stretched out my calves with a standing forward compression of the foot against the wall.  This is really a good stretch for me.  Used a small DB and rolled my lower calves on them.  Wow, this was painful.  Used my gigantic massage/golf ball on my psoas.  Working on my psoas muscle is very painful, but now I'm able to nearly lie down without tears streaming down my face.  I believe this is part of why I sometimes have lower back pain.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive