Index Labels

Wk 12, Day 2 - Tues, 18-Feb-2014

. . No comments:
5 GRATITUDES (Thank you, Heavenly Papa!):
  • Thank you God today I started my Names of God Bible Study.
  • Thank you God for making time to worship you.
  • Thank you God for Dr. Berg.
  • Thank you God for the bites my husband is getting on his job search.  Eventually something will pan out, Lord willing.
  • Thank you God I got all my subcon work today and yesterday's done.
THOUGHTS:
  • Learned and wasted 3 packages of Asian noodles.  They do not keep long.  We will now only buy what we will intend to make in the next day or so.  Those noodles got moldy and were yucky.
  • I love when we all participate in making meals.  I typically always do the raw meats and this time remembered to cut the chicken into smaller pieces so it cooks more evenly and better.  Our son is usually in charge of doing the garlic, which I use a lot in my cooking.  Our daughter is good at grating things, so I usually have her doing this.  My husband is good with the noodles and mainly cooking the stuff.  But since he was out with our son getting noodles to replace the moldy stuff, I decided to have all the meat and veggies cooked so that when they got home, we can cook the noodles immediately.

    The Chinese chow mein we cook is very tasty.  I think the cost of it for us was around $5-6 and if we were to buy at a restaurant, it was enough for about 4 dishes, which I'm guessing each dish would be around $7-9 a plate.  We saved a bunch of money and had control of what we wanted to put it in.  My husband always thinks I put too many veggies, but really, it's not.  I told him it's because I always add a lot of veggies to our meals that his bowel movements and digestive system is working much better than when he was in Colombia, which he rarely ever ate greens.  We usually always have some type of greens or fiber daily.
  • I found this to be a good video and I wonder how this is impacting congestion with me, which I don't have any right now. 

ACTIONS:
  • My heart meds, hair supps, Multi vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, cinnamon, Zn, Mg, Ca - morning
  • Water
  • Clove of raw garlic in small pieces - morning.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Drop off stuff at Chandler Library
  • Finish Monday's subcon work.
  • Get Tuesday's subcon work done.
  • Finish the Green Lantern movie.
  • Get more - iodine, children's probiotics (end of next week)
  • Update driver's license for my husband 
  • Update my husband's ss card at the ss administration office in downtown Phx - 
  • Make photo album for husband's mom & kids' Grandma M
  • Upload videos to YT for kids for karate. - Loaded this to the wrong YT account.
  • I need to get an estimate on the repairs and fax to them this week. - I called JT regarding this and he told me what I needed to do.
  • Resolve format issues with some MP3s to my iPod.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Explorer Things To Fix List - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, rear driver's side door fixing it ($200)
SLEEP:
  • 11:15 am - 5:45 am (6.5 hrs) - Sort of had a hard time waking up.
FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast  (9:45 am) - scrambled eggs with cheese, 2 slices of bacon ----> Made by my daughter again.

Lunch (12:45 pm) - tuna panini sandwiches ---> my daughter made the tuna salad (but forgot the cilantro) earlier in the morning.  Very yummy.

Snack (4:15 pm) - Pineapple, blueberry, banana boba slushie (with water)

Dinner (7:15 pm) - Chicken chow mein - chicken marinated with tamari sauce, sesame oil, sea salt, white pepper and some chicken marinade for 30 min. or so and then coated with cornstarch about 5 minutes before cooking.  Cut the chicken into small pieces.  I used breast, but you can also use thigh or leg meat.  For veggies, shredded 4 carrots, a bag of bean sprouts, a can of baby corn cut into 1/4ths, a bunch of diced green onions, a huge bunch of some greens from the garden, 2 heads of garlic minced, and a red pepper diced.  After cooking the meat, remove meat and cook the veggies.  Remove veggies and then we pan fried two packages of noodles we got at the Asian market using olive oil.  Didn't have any peanut oil and my husband is in charge of the noodles.  Anyway, we also added oyster sauce.  Turned out very yummy and this makes 8 nice bowl sized servings, which is 2 meals for our family of four.  You gotta eat with chopsticks.

EXERCISE - Rest Day

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive