Index Labels

Fast Track & Spartacus: Wk 1, Day 1 - Mon, 30-Jan-2012

. . No comments:
DORIS' DAILY SUMMARY/LEARNINGS: 
  • Cut out grains/starches, eating only whole foods, 3 days ago (almost, just 1 corn tortilla)
  • Only did 2 rounds of Spartacus Wk 1 Workout.  Crashed due to hardly any food in system.  Need to do my workouts super early or have a real breakfast a couple hrs before to keep energy levels up.
  • Had only a low-cal, low sugar protein drink (powder & water) after workout.  Not enough.
  • Had to sleep for over an hr after post-workout meal, as blood sugar got so low I couldn't function.
  • Do not have kettlebells.  Used DBs instead.  A bit of a challenge to do the same exercises.  Modified.
  • Wondering if the workouts will send me into massive hunger.
  • Printed out in color some photos of my goal (15% bodyfat) where a dear friend photoshopped my face on those bodies.  This makes it more believable that I can achieve those.
  • Got & took my supplements today to help support what I'm doing:  probiotics (healthy gut), multi-vitamin, EFAs
  • Went grocery shopping for the remainder of the foods I didn't get yesterday.
  • Though I don't care for chocolate, I have 85% dark chocolate on hand to nip cravings.  Bittersweet.
  • Not counting sugars, calories, fat, fiber or anything.  Easier.
  • Drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
  • Down 5 lbs from Saturday.  My goal is about 47 lbs total to get to 15% bodyfat.  42 more to go.  I tend to maintain and gain muscle easily.  The key is to not put fat on and melt that away.
  • Being upset this afternoon & evening made it hard to eat.  I tend to usually not eat when I'm stressed.  Forced myself to eat a light dinner, since it was so late.

SMARTER GOAL:  Follow Jorge & Funk's plans for Week 1, Day 1 in eating in exercise. 

SLEEP:  10 pm - 6:15 am and drifted in/out of sleep for another 45 min.; Nap 12:45 pm - 2:00 pm ---> My blood sugar levels even after eating were so low that I couldn't think, was so incredibly tired.  I'm used to having a high sugar protein shake after my workouts and this is the first time I'm not doing that.  My body is going to need to adjust to having low or no sugars throughout the days. 

SUPPLEMENTS/MEDICINES:
7:30 am - Heart Meds
12:15 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, 3 Probiotics, 2 EFAs
8:30 pm - 3 Multi-Vitamins, Heart Meds

EATINGJorge Cruise's Fast Track Menu (Day 1)
Meal 1 @ 9 am:  1 oz raw walnuts ---> Didn't get out of bed as I should've, otherwise I would've eaten something more at 7 am.

Meal 2 @ 12:15 pm:  1 serving w/room temp water (didn't have any ice), 3 organic eggs pan-fried in a little olive oil w/sea salt & ground pepper, a slice of jalepeno cheese --->  This was eaten after Spartacus Workout #1 doing 2 rounds.  Didn't have the energy to do 3 rounds.  Felt so shaky and still fairly hungry after I scarfed this down.

Meal 3 @ 2:45 pm:  2 cups fresh wild arugula, 1/2 orange peper in slices, about 1/2 cup ground sirloin mixture (cilantro, ground sirloin, African spice mixture, chopped onion, cumin, sea salt, pepper), 1/2 small avocado diced

Meal 4 @ 5:30 pm:  2 slices of roasted turkey breast

Meal 5 @ 8:30 pm:  1/2 orange pepper sliced, 2 slices of roasted turkey breast ---> My plans were to eat salmon, but I was dealing with some issues with my daughter and then when I had time, I didn't feel like cooking.  This was convenient.  The salmon & asparagus was a lot more calories than my actual dinner, but I'm really not all that hungry, more upset than anything.  Need to chill.


WORKOUT

Warmup (2 rounds):  4:15
Pushups x 8 reps
Squats x 12 reps
Spiderman Climbs x 10 reps
Jumping Jacks x 20 reps

Funk Roberts - Spartacus Workout #1 (2 rounds):  12:34 round 1, 2.16 rest, 12:33 round 2
1.  Alternating DB Swing w/one 15# DB - Reps = 31, 29
2.  Half Burpee w/Jack Split (stay down in plank position whole time) - Reps = 17, 17
3.  Alternating DB SOTS Press w/one 12# (Stay in down Squat Position & Turn to Each Side to Press Up) - Reps = 16, 17
4.  Bicycle Crunch on Ground - Reps = 80, 82
5.  Pushups (girly kind) - Reps = 32, 30
6.  Goblet DB Squat w/one 15# DB (DB held at upper chest) - Reps = 24, 25
7.  Alternating Side Plank Reach Under - Reps = 27, 26
8.  Sprawls (Jump back as in burpee w/feet wide, push hip to floor to cobra position, jump up) - Reps = 6, 6
9.  Rollups on Swiss Ball (Shins on Ball) - Reps 18, 21
10.  Double DB Cleans w/two 12# DBs - Reps = 16, 15

Cooldown13:13 -- Didn't mean for this to be that long.  Forgot to stop my watch.  It should be about 10-12 min.

Heartrates
Warmup:  Max HR = 172 bpm, Avg HR = 114 bpm
Round 1:  Max HR = 147 bpm, Avg HR = 129 bpm
Round 2:  Max HR = 151 bpm, Avg HR = 139 bpm
Cooldown:  Max HR = 143 bpm, Avg HR = 119 bpm

Total Time:  44:51
Calories Burned:  667
Max HR:  172 bpm
Avg HR:  126 bpm

Zone 1 = 19:30, Zone 2 = 9:32, Zone 3 = 7:06, Zone 4 = 0:56, Zone 5 = 0:08

Notes:  I am so incredibly tired and sleepy after this workout, though I've gotten plenty of sleep last night.  If I have a workout in the late morning, I usually would've eaten at least 1 full meal and not a snack portion of food.  Definitely lost steam very quickly into the workout and wasn't sure if I could make through the first round.  Thought maybe I would get a second wind.  That didn't happen.  Instead, I felt my energy go zippo down the drain.

This is the first time I've consume hardly any sugar right after working out.  Usually I use a Prograde Workout power that has 22 g of sugar per servving on top of that add fruit and Greek yogurt.  LOTS of sugar.  So, it'll take an adjustment to NOT take all this sugar after a workout.

Actually, I can't think much right now and going to go lie down for a short bit, then get up to write/work.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate