Index Labels

Wk 3, Day 2 (Tues, 6-Aug-2013)

. . No comments:
THOUGHTS:
  • Today I woke up excited (and tired) that it was the kids' first day of school!!  Thankfully, they are not new to this school, so we knew what to expect.
  • I have to remember after a workout, I REALLY need to eat.  My blood sugar got way too low and I was feeling really awful physically.  Those protein smoothies are very important in helping me replenish and recover.
  • Thankful for the rain, but we just washed the car yesterday.
  • Sometimes the art of communication is really challenging.
  • Got to talk to a long time friend, which is always good.
  • I love my husband and he loves me.  We have a lot to learn about each other.
ACTIONS:
  • Took my heart meds, hair supps, probiotic, MSM.
  • Drank water (a 48 oz QT cup).  Didn't really drink as much cold water today.
  • Did my workout in the morning after taking the kids to school and finishing up yesterday's sub jobs.
  • Doing some of Stacey Vornbrock's Injury Recovery Protocols for EFT before bed.
LIFE TO DOs:
  • Finish Mon sub jobs.  Finished the last part this morning and the replacement in the early afternoon.
  • Complete Tuesday's sub jobs. I had to send one job back and ask for a replacement due to their error.
  • Get excess ring cut at Lowe's.
  • Personal Care - facial waxing, facial mask.
  • Buy Biotin at Sprouts (25% off). - Missed the sale.  Drat.
  • Make first payment for daughter's textbooks ($60).  Nobody to take my money.  Will have to drop off on Tues when school starts.
  • Pay for Study Club - see if I can only buy 2 sessions, not 5.
  • Pay for Chess Club for Q1 & Q2 for son.
  • Return texts from LM and JF.
  • Apply at ST, EJ, CW.
  • Get emissions done for car.
  • Pay car registration online after getting emissions done.
  • Finish filling out all the Immigration paperwork.
  • Make copies of all Immigration paperwork.
  • Get passport photos.
  • Finish filling out HOA paperwork, take pictures and fax into the office.
  • Pay pest control online (scheduled).
  • Pay cell phone bill (scheduled).
  • Pay car insurance (scheduled).
  • Pay cable modem (scheduled).
  • Renew NN (scheduled).
  • Finish making solar screens for front of house.
  • Continue with job search.
  • File paperwork in crate.
  • Reorganize top of cabinet.
  • Find out costs for parts & labor for the things we need done to the Explorer - rear 3rd brake light (whole assembly $120 + labor), passenger side powered mirror ($31 from eBay + labor), passenger front seat powered windows ($120-200 total), left rear tail light ($35 from eBay + labor), rear windshield wiper ($20 from eBay + labor), front hood strut mechanism, lower ball joint replacements ($335), front & rear shocks & struts ($380), rear driver's side door fixing it ($200), belt for the P/R/D ($135).
SLEEP:
  • 12:00 am - 6:00 am (6 hrs) - Intended to go to bed at 10:00 pm, but I was reading Stacey Vornbrock's Injury ET Protocol stuff.  Very interesting and I will do some today.

FOOD JOURNAL:
Breakfast Snack (7:00 am) - 2 eggs over easy.   My daughter made this for me.


Lunch  (2:30 pm) - Messed up.  I was in discussions with my husband and that made me miss my post workout protein smoothie.  My body is not liking that I did that hard workout and didn't fuel up.  My hands were totally shaking as my blood sugar levels got too low, while I made our salad.  Tuna salad (avocado, tuna in oil as well as tuna in water, cilantro, sea salt, celery, cumin) over romaine lettuce, sprinkled with a few red cherry tomatoes and carrots shreds.
Dinner (6:45 pm) - a head of cabbage cut up with some pork stuff I made in the crockpot a few days ago with sea salt, oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic powder.  Simple dinner.

EXERCISE:
Workout Time = 9:59 am

Ageless Abs Warmup - 3:`4 min 
  • 12 squats
  • 10 pushups
  • 20 jumping jacks
  • 10 spiderman crawls total
Zuzka Beginner #3 - 12 Min. AMRAP
I pushed harder and did it with better form today.
  • 10 Backward Lunges w/Kick Up per leg (20 total reps)
  • 12 Planks, Alt Side Steps
  • 20 Alt Weighted Squat Raise x 5 lb DB
Rounds Completed:  2 full rounds + the first 2 exercises + 10 reps of the 3rd exercise (52 reps x 2  rounds + 42 reps = 144 reps total)

Shoulder Exercises on Swiss Ball (Superman, Chicken Wings, W, Jumping Jacks) - 2 Rounds

Cooldown:  13:48 min. 

Warmup:  Time = 3:15, Max HR = 140 bpm, Avg HR = 119 bpm
Round 1:  Time = 4:40, Max HR = 161 bpm, Avg HR = 147 bpm
Round 2:  Time = 4:38, Max HR = 164 bpm, Avg HR = 158 bpm
Round 3:  Time = 3:06, Max HR = 170 bpm, Avg HR = 163 bpm
Shoulder Exercises:  Time = 4:00, Max HR = 170 bpm, Avg HR = 155 bpm
Cooldown:  Time = 13:48, Max HR = 146 bpm, Avg HR = 129 bpm

Zone 1 = 7:15, Zone 2 = 5:33, Zone 3 = 3:08, Zone 4 = 4:19, Zone 5 = 10:03

Total Time = 33:28
Max HR = 170 bpm
Avg HR = 141 bpm
Total Calories = 495

Notes:   This workout was a little longer with me spending a little more time doing one more set of shoulder exercises and a little more in cooldown.  I burned about 100 calories more in this workout.  Woohoo!  My heartrates were higher and I stayed in Zone 5 a lot longer, which is the anaerobic state.  I know, not fat burning but hopefully with these HIIT workouts, the afterburn effect lasts for longer and allows me to release more unncessary bodyfat.

I pushed as hard as I could and was dripping with sweat.  Today I did not have the tower fan pointed at me as my husband said that it's not good to unnaturally cool the body down so quickly.  It was a challenge, but I did it!!

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate

Blog Archive