Index Labels

Flavia Home - Wk 1, Day 1 - Tues, 9-Aug-2011

. . No comments:
Okay, I've decided to give Flavia's workouts a try for now, though, I love Scott's & Zuzana's workouts.  Those both have shorter workouts and I love short workouts.  It's warm again today and I'm warm & sticky before even working out.  Meant to start working out yesterday, but felt so incredibly tired and was so unmotivated.  Today I'm feeling a bit better.

Day 1 - Tight & Trim Thighs

Time:  10:47 am - 11:11 am

Warmup x 2 Rounds:  3:54
- Pushups x 10 reps
- Squats x 12 reps
- Spiderman Climbs x 10 total
- Jumping Jacks x 20 reps

Giant Set #1 x 1 Round:  3:23
- Static Overhead DB Lunge x 3 lb DBs x 10 reps/leg ---> No issues.
- Pushup w/Burpee (without the jump up) x 10 reps ----> No issues.
- Standing Two Arm Row w/Green & Black Resistance Band to Squat x 10 reps ----> No issues.

NoteGreen + Black = 15 lbs + 20 lbs resistance = 35 lbs.
Giant Set #2 x 1 Round:  4:15
- Close Squat (Feet Close Together) to Reverse Lunge x 10 reps /leg ----> These seemed to take a long time.
- Wide Squat (Toes Pointed Out) w/Arnold DB Press x 5 lb DBs x 10 reps ---> No issues.
Kneeling Wide Grip Lat Pulldown w/Green & Black Resistance Bands High x 10 reps ---> Was going to stand, but didn't seem like I was working as hard as when kneeling.

Giant Set #3 x 1 Round:  4:50
- Reverse Lunge Cross w/DB Side Raise x 5 lb DBs x 10 reps/leg ----> These were good.
- Side Lunge w/Bicep Curl x 5 lb DBs x 10 reps/leg ----> I wish I had a wooden floor to do these.
- Tricep Dip (Hands on Tub) w/Feet on Swiss Ball x 10 reps ----> Next time I'll try these with my hands on the Swiss Ball instead.  This was an awkward position for me with my hands on the bathtub (angled) and I don't want to injury my arm.

Giant Set #4 x 1 Round:  4:10
- Weighted DB Close Feet Squat w/Hand on Door Knob x 5 lb DB x 10 reps ----> Tight space here and need to use a higher weight.  Could use my weighted vest for this.
- DB Woodchopper x 5 lb DB x 10 reps/side ----> Next time I'll use the medicine ball instead.
- Leg Raises w/ Swiss Ball Pass x 10 reps ----> I did these wrong because I didn't have time to watch.

Cooldown3:07

Heartrates:
Warmup:  Max Heartrate = 149 bpm; Avg Heartrate = 100 bpm
Giant Set #1:  Max Heartrate = 109 bpm; Avg Heartrate = 107 bpm
Giant Set #2:  Max Heartrate = 140 bpm; Avg Heartrate = 119 bpm
Giant Set #3:  Max Heartrate = 153 bpm; Avg Heartrate = 124 bpm
Giant Set #4:  Max Heartrate = 167  bpm; Avg Heartrate = 129 bpm
Cooldown:  Max Heartrate = 116 bpm; Avg Heartrate = 107 bpm

Total Time:  23:40 (includes warmup & cooldown)
Total Calories Burned:  229 calories
Max Heartrate:  167 bpm
Avg Heartrate:  114 bpm

Notes:  I decided to only do one round of every set, though, Flavia says to do 3 rounds for each Giant Set.  This week I will just do 1 round of each day's workouts.  Next week I'll do 2 rounds of each Giant Set and by the third week do 3 rounds.  Will adjust DB weights, too.  Today, minus the overhead DB exercise, the weights were too light.  Wanted to get a feel for her exercises and today's were overall fine.  It's some of those weird exercises on the Swiss Ball that I'm concerned about.

My abs were quivering with this workout and I could really feel it in my hams/quads with just one round.  I so didn't want to workout, but I did and am glad I did.  I must be more disciplined and push myself to workout consistently these days.

Post Workout Meal:  12:15 pm (didn't want to have anything, but forced myself to an hr later)
- Greens Protein Smoothie - kale, blueberries, fat free Greek yogurt, cinnamon, psyllium husk, banana, vanilla coconut milk

This was the first time I used the coconut milk.  It has 8 g of sugar per serving, which a serving is 1 cup.  I had a little over 1 cup.  Normally I use water, but this smoothie tasted pretty good without it.  This is Trader Joe's Unsweetened Coconut Milk, which comes in 4 serving containers for $1.99.  I won't be using coconut milk everytime, just periodically.  I also normally put Trader Joe's frozen mango in my smoothie, but this time did not and it was sweet enough with the banana, coconut milk & blueberries.  I belive the yogurt also has some sugar.

I'm feeling pretty tired and I can really feel my glutes.  Going to take a 45 min. nap.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Welcome

Welcome to my my blog!!! I want to share with you my journey in life - through the joys and trials and just being real. Take your time to look around. I have a lot of information and am constantly learning.

Make yourself at home!!!

Translate